How To Post a Screenshot on the Auran Forums...!

backyard

ROAD FOREMAN of ENGINES
:cool: 8:42 PM 4/13/2009

It all ties on a keyboard command "Prt Scr." It is next to the Scroll Lock key, on the F-key strip at the top...what Euphod wants to know is do you have the "Num-Lock" key activated...you will see a Num Lock light over the keypad...somewhere.

Then go to your Start Button & select Computer(/means keep going)/File C:/Program Files/Auran/TRS2006/Screenshots...you may find a bundle of screenshots there that you did not know you recorded...
programfilestrs.jpg

Get IrfanView, a wonderfully efficient photo utility by Irfan Skiljan, Graduate of Vienna University of Technology.

Open a .tga screenshot pic. On the File menu, select Batch Rename/conversion. You will have to find the input & select an output folder that you need to create before you start this.
batchrenameconversion.jpg

Your input format is .tga, your output format is .jpg. Make sure you use the default resolution output of about 50%, to save bandwith for Auran Forums...your pics need to be no more than about 50,000pixels. You may need to do only one screenie to set this value....none of those 637,000 pixels needed...

Select All to include all your screenies, then Start.
In your selected folder location, you will see the converted pics...
Go online, for ImageShack.

Register & become a online graphics web user with an online host.

Follow the instructions to upload your first picture...it needs to be a .jpg file. Even so, it would take .png, etc...Make sure the file conforms to the Auran Code of Conduct, select 800x600 pixel.

uploadimage.jpg

imageselected.jpg

When you get the results, your pic will have several options located next to it, select share.

detailsincluded.jpg

In the share box, deselect the details option, then copy & paste your piture URL.

detailsexcluded.jpg

Just select the "Share It" option...
ontheweb.jpg

I use a notepad to write my posts, so I can collect several pics & edit in the comments.

NOTE: DO NOT REMOVE HOSTED PICTURES AS THIS WILL DENY HOSTING ON A FORUM, AND WHAT'S THAT?

Also, be careful about how you use other pictures off the web, some, like RailPictures.net are identified, some carry copywrite. If in doupt, just post the URL link...Your two cents worth...this forum has a "Globe" to select "add URL," just highlight the text, then select the globe(add URL) & paste the link, then hit enter.

Finally, here's The Frog...

Nice Allen, but what Euphod wanted to know is if Woody had an "F-Lock" key which is located next to the Pause/Break key and above the NumLock key on my wireless Microsoft keyboard.

My Logitech keyboard has no F Lock key, but does have an F Mode key and a Print Screen key, but it is located over the * key in the number pad.

I'm thinking every keyboard could have differences that could confuse people into thinking they can't take screenshots, but I also think every keyboard has a Print Screen key somewhere.

...very good attention span...

:cool: Hello Ed, thanks for your reply, It may very well apply to this thread...!

We are dealing with a Microsoft Operating System usually on the Auran Forums, however I may be aware of anomalies...

You got one I can't answer, just remember to post here often with suggestions.

I forgot to include that this only pertains to ImageShack but what?

Woody had requested this many times so I complied with what I know....chances are Woodrow has a compatible keyboard...

Back