how to move 2004 routes to 2009

Anthony2551

Can some one please tell me how to move routes i am working in 04 to 09 i though i could just copy from one folder to another but this dose no appear to be the case as 09 dose not appear to have the same folders names

can some one please supply step by step instruction's on how to do this or point me to a tut if one exist

in advance thank you

I'm thinking the best way would be to make your routes into a CDP, and import them, although I can't figure out why you would want to!

TRS2004 stores each asset in a kuid folder, allowing you to edit, copy, move and delete assets in Windows Explorer or Trainz Objectz.

TRS2006, TC and TS2009WBE store assets in a database system which can only be accessed using CMP (Content Manager Plus). The database engine is Auran's, so you can't use ODBC and SQL to connect to it. You'll need to read the chapter in the manual on CMP, then probably come back here and search for tutorials on it as well.

(Ed: He might consider TRS2004 as being more stable and therefore less likely to lose or corrupt his routes?)

John

I guess my request should have read.
Can some one please tell me how to move routes i am working on (building) in 04 to 09
amazing how a missing word can change the meaning of a request

In 04 make a CDP of the route, then import into TS2009

OR

Find the folder containing the route, then drag it into TS2009 CMP

You woill of course have to do the same with anything thats on the route, track etc. Or maybe at this time upgrade to some of the TS2009 track, there are some good tracks coming down the line (excuse the pun), and there is the capability to have better detailed ground textures.

Last edited:
Open CM2 in TS2009, click on the “File” menu, click on “Import Content”. A “Browse For Folder” box will come up.

In this box, scroll to the TRS2004 folder, go down to World/Custom/Maps, and highlite the route that you wish to import. Click on OK, and the process will begin. When this is completed, click “Open for Edit”, press Ctrl-M to commit, and that should do it.

I’m building a route in TRS2004, and I’ve used this method numerous times to update it in TS2009.

Good luck, Joe

Back