How to make industries work Trainz 12

robynne

Hi all,
Just new at this . Can anyone help. Have Trainz 12 and wish to place Iron Ore "Dumper" in scenario setup and make it really work revolving around and what is the name of the correct wagons to use ..
Cheers robynne...

Hi robynne --

Could you expand a bit on this "Iron Ore Dumper"? Which one do you mean?

Is it this one:

IR1_004.jpg~original

IR1_006.jpg~original

If this is the one that you are referring to -- sorry it's not animated and it's not set up as an interactive industry.

There is, however, a rotary coal dumper that is animated and interactive:

Phil

Last edited:
Hi all,
Just new at this . Can anyone help. Have Trainz 12 and wish to place Iron Ore "Dumper" in scenario setup and make it really work revolving around and what is the name of the correct wagons to use ..
Cheers robynne...
Hi robynne,
To perform an Industry Iron Ore Route you could use the following : Very important that to set everything in the Property to Iron Ore
1) for the consist cars "Ore Hooper BM loaded" You will need to configure your consist to Iron Ore
2) For the loading bay use Iron Ore " Iron Ore Mine Tipple 1" (This is a 3 track loading bay) Again you will need to config to Iron Ore
3) For the Dumper "Iron Ore unloader superbasic" Also need to config to Iron Ore

Those work fine fully animated dust and all , provide you maintain your speed below 10 K.
Hope this may help

Robynne --

Also, in the Session layer (Routes / Sessions / either Create or Edit Session):

Objects flyout / "?" / mouse click on the dumper.
In the new screen - maximize the rate / minimize the start amount.

This will allow the dumper to consume a vast amount of iron ore.

For rolling stock - try the built-in hopper that Charles suggests above.
There are other freight cars on the Download Station that are configured to carry iron ore (see, for example, my recent side dump freight car or the PON hopper - search with "philskene" as the author) or can be re-configured to carry iron ore.

If you are interested in exploring the world of interactive freight cars and industries I have a number of videos up on youtube. Again, search with "philskene". They show how to configure the cars and industries.

Also this illustrated monograph:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/et4rke84pixdlcc/LARS_ProtoLARS_MIN_Tutorial.pdf?dl=0

Hope this all helps,
Phil

Last edited:
The unloader you refer to is a bulk storage ore stacker. It just drops the ore into a pit that feeds to the stackers. You can add Iron ore to most hopper cars, by selecting the '?' in the rollingstock flyout and clicking on the hopper in Surveyor. Make sure you get the one with exactly the same upper and lower case letters in the name, as in the unloader.
The train will slow automatically to the correct speed for unloading.
There is a small building in the middle of the unload area, from where you can run a conveyor to a processing building.(not interactive)
The unloaders will only site in two fixed directions, NS is north-south. EW is east-west.
cheers,
Mike

HI All,
Nothing works ..can anybody give me some finer details on how much production and start up in numbers are needed at the Iron Unloader Super basic..have set all wagons at 80 to carry iron Ore.Have used Ore Hopper BM UNloaded.
cheers, robynne

robynne --

For an industry that consumes commodities, my post #6:
"In the new screen - maximize the rate / minimize the start amount."

Load the freight cars to the maximum with the commodity to be consumed.

For an industry that produces, maximise both rate and start amount.

Have you watched any of the videos?

Have you at least skimmed through my tutorial?

They will tell you all that you need to know.

Phil

Back