how to make favorites

I believe that you are referring to the Favorites item in the Surveyor filter window in Surveyor Classic? (I haven`t checked New Surveyor for the equivalent.)

There used to be a system where assets could be rated one to five stars, and the ones that were given five stars would show up as "favorites". In either Trainz 2004 or Trainz 2009/2010 (or all three), it was possible to set, clear, and query the rating of an asset in both Surveyor and Content Manager, with built-in facilities. I believe that this is a remnant of that system.

I performed a quick examination of Content Manager and Surveyor 1 in Trainz22PE 123801 and was unable to find any other remnant of this system, but I have seen code in the include files that lets you set and get the rating of an asset via script. It should be possible to create an asset that allows you to select and rate other assets in Surveyor; it might even be usable in Driver. This is the only way I know of setting an asset as a "Favorite" in current builds of Trainz. I have not tested this, so no guarantees.

Back