How to do ARN

Joaquin_2011

Hi there, I'm a 3D Modeler and I just completed a new model that I plan to release. I don't want to do individual numbering on the cars as it will cause the file to be ridiculously large in size. So I'm asking anyone if there is a specific attachment point I need to add for the numbers to work. I know how to use attachment point maker and I'm trying to figure out what (a.) designation I need to add for ARN to work. If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Joaquin

Setting up ARN is fairly straight forward but can be a bit time consuming.

This Wiki page describes how to create the numbers for your model and how to create the textures to use - https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Alpha_Numbers
You might get the idea from this image - I setup ARN on this loco using the method described in the wiki article. The numbers display this way in Blender but display however you create them as textures in game. (edit - the a letters are the larger numbers the b letters are the small ones top front of cab)
Running-Numbers.jpg

Yes thank you. Ive done everything else and the last thing i apparently need to add is a Mesh Plate. I dont now how to do such things and there is no information about it online.

Back