how to change the track sound of route

kamran

guys i want to know how to change the tracksound of route
bcz after train goes above 47 mph the default track sound starts and i really dont like it
any method how to get rid of default track sound

Many threads on this, I will try to dig them up

If there is a trainzoptions file, add the line: -disablerailjointsound

You can place a tracksound kuid in your track config file, (which I will go over later, when I have time)

you mean by adding that command the default sound will be no more
but i am using tane and it dont have any trainz option
i have rts tracks.i like their sound after 45mph
what i want is jr sound for ist 45 mph and then the romanian track sound

you mean by adding that command the default sound will be no more
but i am using tane and it dont have any trainz option
i have rts tracks.i like their sound after 45mph
what i want is jr sound for ist 45 mph and then the romanian track sound

T:ANE not having the trainzoption.txt file is correct. I don't know how you could make this change other than attaching the JR sound to the track you are running on.

You can swap in many different tracksound wav files, into the tracksound folder, and make them all customized

Experiment on a clone of the track, and a clone of the tracksound, or put a "New Folder" inside the asset files, and copy the original config, and original wav files to that "New Folder" ... that way you can copy them back in should you mess up ... You can place many "New Folders" inside a tracksound file ... I never rename the "New Folder", but you can if you want to

T:ANE not having the trainzoption.txt file is correct. I don't know how you could make this change other than attaching the JR sound to the track you are running on.
i am using jr tracks on my route and i want their sound but problem is that after 48 mph the sound changes to default track sound and i hate this

You will find that most real trains drive slower than 45, and Trainz looks better when they are not zooming by in breakneck speed ... I like to drive at switching speeds of @ 5 mph, and rarely above 35 mph ... I have many sound kuids, including JR's, incorporated right into my track ... I just love the drawbar groaning, and wheel flanges squeeling at slow speeds through turnouts

Has anyone figured out how to eliminate the annoying frog turnout bang yet? I've tried searching my 2012 installation to locate what sound file it could be akd have had no luck....I mean,it has to be a sound file which means it could be muted and replaced...imho it makes the game almost unplayable.

Has anyone figured out how to eliminate the annoying frog turnout bang yet? I've tried searching my 2012 installation to locate what sound file it could be akd have had no luck....I mean,it has to be a sound file which means it could be muted and replaced...imho it makes the game almost unplayable.

I don't know if there's a way to remove that sound, however, I will say that it's not that unrealistic. A recent ride on my local commuter rail and subsequent subway and trolley rides proved that. The clunk, bang, clatter as they crossed over the points and frogs in the freight yard was eerily similar to the ones we've grown to hate in Trainz. The trolley cars, well LRVs today, were even more obvious especially coming out of Boylston Street station on to Tremont as the line approached Park Street. There's a series of crossovers and a turn loop, besides the 5-degree curve in the tunnel, which adds to the squealing, bumping, grinding and banging. The third-rail subways clunked and banged as well, but were a bit more insulated and smoother like the commuter rail cars.

My problem is I use invisible junctions for hi rail access so the noise appears on those too....but what I find is it "overloads" the sound engine and causes cut-outs and other undesired effects. Are there any programmers around that may be able to explain how this sound is produced by the game if it isn't an actual audio file?

Add the following tag to your track's config.txt

is_silent 1

This will turn off the axle sounds that everyone hates.

Last edited:
Back