How old are you?

It is amazing to me the spread of ages that are interested in Trainz, from early teens to folks in their 80's. I think that is great!!!

Well i started around 3 and my Father made this account. Sadly he passed away in 2007 so i now use the account since i have all of my old Trainz Verisons on there. I started with UTC, i believe. I then purchased 2004, then 2006. I used TRS2006 until i was about 13 or so. Then i Moved to TRS2010, Then TS12, then Jumped back to TC3. TS2009, Then Finally i went and bought 1.3 and the Trainz Complete Collection pack. I also inherited a TRS2006 copy aswell. Reason i jumped back was since i had a older PC. Now i have a Gaming PC and Believe it or not TS2010 and TS12 still lags! Oh well. With the help of CaptainKman, my TS2010 has been running better. Ive been with this Community for a long time. Im 14 and im still into this. Now learning to Model, Port Models, and make routes(sort of). Im trying to find the First Ever Copy of Trainz, not the 0.9 Beta, but the Community Edition.

Cheers

-GDennish

One of my friends told me, in grade 4 (I was 9 or 10), that he had a train game where you could do whatever you wanted. It turned out to be UTC. I spent years searching for a train simulator after he showed me his game.

I've been addicted since 2007/2008 when I purchased TC3 for $30. I loved the fact that there was only British content, as that is what I enjoy using.

A year later I got Trainz Collection, which includes TRS2004, 2006, UTC, Paint Shed, Trainz Routes 1-4 and lots of extra content intended for 2006 and 2004. I also own Trainz Driver (Not the phone one - another PC game) which disappointed me, being only a demo of TRS2006. I bought TC1&2 at a model train show, to complete the collection.

I was going to buy TS2009, but when I found out 2010 was basically TS2009 with a few moving trees, I waited. I love TS2010, I have all my downloaded content in there, and I use it for my content creation too.

Last year I became a member of the Beta Testers group, entitling me to a free, legitimate, copy of TS12. I also got the SnC add-on, the best thing I've done so far! I am currently 15. I only need 2009 and Trainz 1.3 to complete my collection. I don't count 2007 as a Trainz version. Is that the same as Trainz Driver?

I also have a YouTube page with over 1 million views, and a livestream. :)

Kieran.

BTW, 4GB of RAM is better than the 2GB I used ot have. :)

Last edited:
Sorry to heard about your dad Gdennish. My dad died a year before was born...and yet i have TWO grandads both are alive one of which i condenser to be my dad.
I came from the Flight Sim world got bored of crashing Boeing 747's(I got better at flying afterwards) the rest is a blur only thing i remember is that i also came fro the mario world.
Long story Short end:p

I'm 18. Got TRS2004 in the summer of 2005 as a gift from my dad at the age of 11. It was okay and I really didn't do much with it. Got TRS2006 in April of 2006 and that's when I started building routes and discovering more of the game. Then in April 2009 made my account for Auran to see what it was like to be able to download free stuff. And got TS2009WBE as a gift for good grades my 9th grade year when I was 15. And I became planted with trying to create new routes. TS12 got it as graduation present for completing high school.

"BOTs" scan this stuff. They have dossiers on many IDs/Usernames. Eventually by piecing together the bits they can get a sufficient profile on you to sell it on the Internet. So how do you know that the age you pridefully posted was not the last key they needed to have your dossier go up for sale? CNN just had a victim where his info that he posted on the social sites and forums was sufficient for his problems. He was one of those jolly types that wanted to tell strangers about his life. DUMB!

I am now 14 years old and got TRS2006 way back when I was 10. However I never bothered to upgrade it -- though when Trainz X comes out I think I might get that version!

Looking at the wide range of ages on this Forum, I wonder if it's at all possible that there is someone out there using and enjoying Trainz whose age is now in three figures? Are there any centenarian trainzers? :D

Paul

Looking at the wide range of ages on this Forum, I wonder if it's at all possible that there is someone out there using and enjoying Trainz whose age is now in three figures? Are there any centenarian trainzers? :D

Paul

If there are and they are anything like me they would probably be looking for the AMR feature - Automatic Memory Recall - one good thing about it though is that when one looks for stuff that has been misplaced one also forgets that you were looking for it.:)

Well...

As a child I rode a train (SP? WP?) from Oakland to Minneapolis and back. It was behind steam engines. That's when I got hooked on railroads.
As a 10 and 11 year old in San Lorenzo I would ride my bike through the fields to the SP Mulford line to watch the SP Pacifics pull frieghts. By the end of the second year it was all diesel so I lost interest.
I pased up a chance to visit the Gorre & Daphitid Line figuring I would do it latter. Unfortunately latter was too late.
I toured the WP yard in Stocton.
Lets see. That would make me 39. :hehe::eek:

Last edited:
I got Trainz UTC somewhere between 2009-2010, and I was either(depending which year I got it)- 11, 12 or 13 years old.

I got Trainz 2009 in 2011 when I was still 13 ( it doesnt show up on my "Trainz Products" by my username cause I dont think the serial number went thru.)(before my birthday), then I got Trainz Mac (still before my birthday), and then I got Trainz 12 (which was after my birthday)

I am now 15 and I no longer use Trainz UTC or Trainz '09. I only use Trainz Mac or Trainz 12 now.

(I hope I didnt mess up any dates in this post! :p)

I got Trainz UTC off e-bay, in 2004, whilst I was looking for a Batman mask to wear for a fancy dress party, funny how that happened. :hehe:
I'm still a kid at heart, but, starting to get the old man aches and pain syndrome.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Hi to all I am 73 been into Trainz since TR2004, progressed through all versions and now run TR2012 with all previous content imported. Also added sounds to download station but still work in my 2012
It is only over the recent year that I have restarted building my NSW metro route in 2012 from 2004.only by trial and Still heaps to learn! and do, still trying to find the Sydney Harbour Bridge ?

I was 6 when I got trainz 2004. I got it as a present for going to the dentist and getting a tooth pulled :D

I am now 14. I still play TRS04, but I am kinda broke, so I can't buy a new one :confused:

42 now... no idea when it started but I must have been in my 30's...

I got MSTS, then defected to Trainz, then left it alone for a time, then got Railworks 3 (Train Simulator 2012), and again defected to Trainz (lol)

It started when I was about in 4th or 5th grade(perhaps a tad younger) with MSTS, then in 5th grade I saw Trainz(the original) in one of those things where you order the books and you get them a few weeks later(I forget the name!) I played it but found it boring(didn't know about the downloads like MSTS had to expand on the base game, but had dial up so it was hard regardless. This was all played on my Old Compaq Presario SR1030NX with a AMD Athlon XP 2.16GHz with 512MBs of ram with a 128MB AGP graphics cards. I then discovered TRS2006 some years later and nagged my mom until she bought it for me for Xmas, along with a few other games and a 256MB AGP graphics card and a 1GB ram upgrade.. By the time TC 1&2 came out I was able to do my own computer work and bought myself a new 512MB AGP graphics card and 2GBs of RAM, and it just barely squeezed out 15fps on a good day. Then my hard drive failed and I inherited my grandpa's newer compaq that had a PCI Express X16 slot(no revision) and could hold a massive 4GB of RAM!!! Trainz ran great! TRS2006 and TC1&2 ran perfect(except for the obvious problems with each performance wise) So I then bought myself TS2010, and dear god what a slide show..... So I began saving to make myself the ultimate computer to run this beast along with TS2012, and now at the age of 21 and graduated high school and on the fast path to becoming a manager at the hotel I work at I finally have a computer that can run trainz to my satisfaction, until the next version comes out that is.... Windows XP Professional(64bit) SP2, AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.5GHz 8.0MB Total Cache, 16GBs of Kingston Hyper X Limited Edition DDR3 1600mhz Dual Channel, MSI 870A-G55, SATA III and USB 3.0 support, Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 660TI Superclocked 2GB GDDR5, Rosewill Lightning 1000W PSU,Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Card, Thermaltake V4 Black Edition Gaming Chassis. Two 1TB Seagate Momentous 7200RPM, One 80GB Western Digitial 7200RPM. I tried making this look better and not just a jumble of words but I guess the forum software here does not like paragraphs to much....

I'm going on 62 and just discovered Trainz. So much to learn. I've only owned a computer for about 5 years. Hoping to learn everything before it's too late!

Cheers.....Rick

Well, I'm now 52 and I still love to fire Trainz up every so often and have a look at the latest version :)
Regards to all.
Greg Lane.

Back