How does one add a Startup/Shutdown Feature and MARS lights to an engine?

9000DOLLAR

INACTIVE
I have heard that JR somehow adds startup/shutdown features to some locomotives, and I would like to know how.

I would also like to know how to add MARS lights to a reskin of Auran's default F7 engine. (the ATSF loco with 2 headlights)

Anything I do to those cloned engines will only be for personal use, because someone already made trainz exactly like the ones in question, and I wouldn't feel right uploading a reskin of something Auran made.

I'm only asking here because anytime I see a thread on these topics, everyone always says, "Download Jointed Rail stuff, they have some engines like that) I also have noticed that no-one has gotten a straight answer on these toipcs either.

The reason I don't want to just download a train with those features is because I want to feel that sense of acomplishment that comes from making something myself.

As you can see below, this ATSF F7 has a MARS light that rotates. It is from jointedrail.com for reference. You would be better off downloading it from Jointed Rail, instead of making the built-in unit try to do that.

pdkoester_20140629_0003.jpg
pdkoester_20140629_0002.jpg
pdkoester_20140629_0001.jpg
pdkoester_20140629_0000.jpg

It's really more that I want another project than finding and downloading a train.

Since I ran out of cheap stuff I can make into storage tanks, I don't have any projects right now.
(unless, maybe I should try my hand at making virtual storage tanks.)

Download one of our engines and see how... You'll need the script library anyway.

I thought the libraries already came with the built-in JR trainz.

If I'm becoming a nuisance, I'll just request a lock on the thread, although not until the thread gets out of hand.

Back