How do you get the red hand icon to stop?

RJArtim

67 yrs old Trainz Veteran
I don't know how they do it. Wish I could. I am more a Trainzer driver.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
If it is a Navigation Point Rule that is creating the "red hand" (and I cannot think of anything else that creates them) then the particular rule must be completed by a driver controlled consist reaching the specific location where the navigation point has been set. This could be any loco or a specific loco. The icon may not disappear until other conditions (e.g. resource levels) have also been met.

You would need to load the session into Surveyor and open up the Session Editor. Look for the Navigation Display Rule (there can be several and they may be indented as a child rule). Open each one you find and look through the set navigation points for the text label "Stop" in the Icon data fields of each point. The Location data field will identify its location in the layout - this could be a track mark, a trigger, or a specific rolling stock asset.

The Style data field controls how the navigation point works - "Automatic" and "Require Stop" will set the icon to disappear as soon as the loco reaches or stops at the navigation point. "Manual" will require other rules, under the Wait on Navigation Point Rule, to be completed before the icon disappears.

Last edited:
I'd offer help but have no idea what the "red hand" is. You might get more help if you posted a screen shot and described what you are doing when you get it.

Norton is stalking me, had to send $159 dollars. Every year. They were nagging since 1st day of December. I have to do $129.90 for a year. Sept. to Sept.

Last edited:
I got to go to my doctor today again. He keeps giving more pills as some just gag me.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Ha.. I mis-read your title. I thought you wanted some red icon to stop appearing. But you are asking how to get the Stop hand icon. Yes, I have seen that red hand icon contrary to what I said in my post above. I'm glad there's no mystery red hand in your game slapping your consists around or something weird! :)

Back