How do I?

Not having TS12, I would suggest making a CDP in TS2010 then importing it into TS12 as you would a CDP from the DLS.

As for choosing which CM the files will be imported to, I would suggest opening the version of Trainz you want them to be in and importing them using that version's CM. That's how I choose between 2009 and 2010 when importing.

Ray

Not having TS12, I would suggest making a CDP in TS2010 then importing it into TS12 as you would a CDP from the DLS.

As for choosing which CM the files will be imported to, I would suggest opening the version of Trainz you want them to be in and importing them using that version's CM. That's how I choose between 2009 and 2010 when importing.

Ray

I don't get it.

He's teling you to make a CDP of the content in TS2010 that you want to put in TS12 and import the CDP files into TS12, but he doesn't know if this is do-able since he does not have TS12 himself. :)

I believe you can copy some .ja files over but I don't know which ones so I'll let somebody else advise on how to do that.

And for importing content, just open the Content Manager of the version you want to put the content into and drag the CDPs into the main window, like Ray said.

Kieran.

I'm confused. I have no idea on what you mean by Dragging the CDP. files to the main window.

Select the CDP with the mouse and hold the left mouse button onto the tab for Content Manager on the Start bar and release the mouse in the big window with the details of assets. What's not to understand?

Kieran.

It has to work. You drag the CDP files into the window under the filter tabs and it should install automatically. Maybe check your Content Manager settings?

I can't get into Trainz to help any further. I'm reinstalling TS2010.

Kieran.

It has to work. You drag the CDP files into the window under the filter tabs and it should install automatically. Maybe check your Content Manager settings?

I can't get into Trainz to help any further. I'm reinstalling TS2010.

Kieran.

Exactly wich tab is the one I need to use?

The one at the bottom of the screen - the one Windows makes when you open a program. If you put the mouse on it with a CDP file being dfragged, CM will open up and you can drop the CDP into it.

Kieran.

It's not as difficult as you think.

1) Patch up to whatever you want to in TS12 and ensure everything is working.

2) Go into TS2010 and copy the .ja files into a separate folder somewhere else.

3) Go to the folder where you copied your .ja files to and rename them like this to keep them from over writing anything that exists there already that belongs to TS12.

TS10-1.ja
TS10-2.ja

etc.

4) When this is done, copy these to the same folder where they are in your TS12 installation.

5) Start up TS12 Launcher.

6) Add in your TS10 serial number.

7) Go into TS12 Content Manager and do a database repair.

When all this is done, you'll have the built-in routes from TS2010 in TS12.

You can now import any data from your TS2010 into Content Manager using the File and import menu. Now you'll have to download any missing content from the DLS and or repair anything that's broken that came in from your TS2010 install.

I may have the repair database step out of order because it's been awhile since I've done this, but this should work.

John

It's not as difficult as you think.

1) Patch up to whatever you want to in TS12 and ensure everything is working.

2) Go into TS2010 and copy the .ja files into a separate folder somewhere else.

3) Go to the folder where you copied your .ja files to and rename them like this to keep them from over writing anything that exists there already that belongs to TS12.

TS10-1.ja
TS10-2.ja

etc.

4) When this is done, copy these to the same folder where they are in your TS12 installation.

5) Start up TS12 Launcher.

6) Add in your TS10 serial number.

7) Go into TS12 Content Manager and do a database repair.

When all this is done, you'll have the built-in routes from TS2010 in TS12.

You can now import any data from your TS2010 into Content Manager using the File and import menu. Now you'll have to download any missing content from the DLS and or repair anything that's broken that came in from your TS2010 install.

I may have the repair database step out of order because it's been awhile since I've done this, but this should work.

John

Ah.. Now that is what I was looking for! Great job, John!

If in doubt, I've got a similar guide on my tutorial website - the eventual place for the .ja files will be <trainz install folder>/Builtin.

Shane

Back