How do I raise and lower an entire route or multiple baseboards?

Pagani_zonda

So I have some merged routes with pretty extreme height differences. Is there any way to raise or lower an entire route to make it level with another when merging. I do have surveyor 2.0 so if it’s only possible on there, I am able to do it.

Here is some information

Also keep in mind that some authors do like to cut corners when route building. A bad example of this is in the route titled SARN4T Adelaide Line Full 'However, the route is fantastic' So, I really don't care :) ;)

Not without a lot of work.

You will need to select a whole baseboard and then paste that on to the terrain you already raised. You'll need to fiddle with the ground height settings that I can't recall work to keep the terrain height above the base. The alternative is to keep both routes separate and connect them using i-Portals. This is the best of both worlds and requires far less work.

The other method is to use tween boards to connect between the two routes. Depending upon the height difference, this can be a few or way too many to be worth it. This also means you'll need to landscape the terrain in between to blend the two routes together. This can be an art and when done well there's no way to tell the difference between the routes.

It's unfortunate that merging never allowed for rotating and raising routes prior to merging.

I was able to exploit what turned out to be a bug to solve this problem when merging two routes a while back. It involved using the World Origin object in both routes. However since then I have discovered that this "cheat" no longer works.

There is a need for a whole route height adjustment tool or option when merging routes. But for standalone routes, the height really does not matter.

Thanks for the help! I guess I’m going to have to stick to adding a bunch of baseboards in between routes. As annoying as it is, it’s way easier than manually messing with the height

Thanks for the help! I guess I’m going to have to stick to adding a bunch of baseboards in between routes. As annoying as it is, it’s way easier than manually messing with the height
Yup. I ended up doing the same for the same reason.

than manually messing with the height
So in me growing a (yet little dusty) idea for this. Not yet a current solution but may be that someone may script this (as a route or session asset script?):

Everything and even routes and sessions and their parts are assets. And from that I suggest that they all have world position (and rotation) and so an attribute WorldCoordinate and Orientation. If so, it should in my suggestion be possible to run over all (visible?) asset instances and adjust the height in WorldCoordinate with the AdjustMapObjectPosition method (from MapObject class).

Back