How can you get a crisp reskin on say, a JR GP38?

ljjiricek

I can never seem to get a good reskin on any locomotive.
I use gimp for patch work and things of that nature.
How can you get a crisp reskin on say, a JR GP38?

This is the closeted I have ever gotten. A fictional CP SD70ACe.

Thanks.

There are real cp sd70ace's look up "cp sd70ace" on google and you will see some. Oh a good recommendation is the Jr ferromex sd70ace because the running numbers.

Time, effort, and practice.

Really just keep reskining things. Spend time researching before you start (locomotive models in trainz, colors, decent logos, etc).

Your reskin there isn't that bad, in fact better than most patch-style beginning reskiners. just keep at it.

peter

I can never seem to get a good reskin on any locomotive.
I use gimp for patch work and things of that nature.

You just answered your own question. GIMP simply can't cut it for Trainz textures. Use something that has proper photo-quality editing features. Paint.Net is very suitable, but there are many others.

Some people tend to use gimp or paint.net, but I find for many of my personal projects paintshed seems to be the most consistent. With the 4 fonts and around 2 or 3 paint templates for each locomotive I'm able to really nail some of the hard stuff to get right out there.

Some people tend to use gimp or paint.net, but I find for many of my personal projects paintshed seems to be the most consistent. With the 4 fonts and around 2 or 3 paint templates for each locomotive I'm able to really nail some of the hard stuff to get right out there.

swoopy .

Back