Hosting MP routes

crohakon

Okay, sorry for not doing my homework folks! I am currently at work on break, and trainz is downloading as I talk at home on my new laptop. I was not aware of the MP function until poking around not long ago. So, how does the whole thing work? Am I able to host sessions? I own a small hosting company and have a server, 8-core AMD 2.0GB with 16GB of ram, mostly sitting idle and would lost to host a persistant route that people could join and leave as they wish. Can I do that? And if so, please point me in the correct direction to get the software... also, it would have to run in Linux.

If not...

Why the heck not? Why centralize server hosting at Auran when you have a huge fan base that would be willing to host sessions on their own dime? It works well for games like minecraft. Drives a lot of lincense sales for clients when you have a large server base of different things to do...

Anyway, thanks for everyone's time!

To play multiplayer, go to Routes, selsct one and look at the sessions ti see if there is a muliplayer one. If there is check the list to see if another player has started one. Assuming someone has you could join theirs if you wish. To host your own session then select the original session, wait for it to start and a box will appear which will say "Crohakens sessiion" then click "OK" I think t is and you are now hosting your own session. All essions are hosted through the Trainz Multiplayer Server

Yes you can host your own sessions. But Im not sure if you could host it on a server like that. As it is now you just use what ever computer your playing on and click Drive Session on any session with the MP rule in place on on the DLS. Once the session has loaded youll be playing and hosting form one computer.

That is sad. It would be nice to have some kind of console server that was designed just to host a route/session. I have a decent computer, but I have no desire to try to host this game plus play it even with an i7 and 12 GB of ram...

Back