Hiw did you celebrate the beginning of 2013?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I happen to watch the ball drop in Times Square in New York City. I went to bed a few minutes afterward and woke up anout two hours ago (about 10:40). I have my iPhone (which I got for Christmas) set to wake me up at 9:00, but I didn't take me with me to bed. I place it on the nightstand beside my bed. I don't like sleeping until almost noon because I just lost about three hours that I could have done other things. Anyway, I have been at my Grandmother's home to ring in the new year since December 29th. I'll be taking the three-and-a-half hour return trip home in a little while. My mom and dad have to go back to work tommorrow and I hope that we will get back home before it turns pitch black outside. Anyway, what did you do to bring in the year 2013?

I cooked boneless pork chops, and boneless chicken breasts (from the boneless animal farm) (its a pathetic site, where geneticly altered, boneless animals, are all laying around, limp, all over the farmyard, and farmers have to physicly hand feed and water them).

The chicken tasted like pork, and the pork tasted like chicken, and they were all disgustingly all dried out, and tough.

Then I burnt the weenies in the blanket, hot dawg rolls. The tops wouldn't get done golden brown, and the bottoms burnt.

I still have an unopened, 2 year old, magnum bottle of cheepo champagne (that we still dint' open up this year) (contains sulfites to hasten the fermentation process, complete with a screw top cap, so you can be assured that it is not that stale ol' swill, and is infact the fresh stuff, as it has a born on date of Nov 2012, from a winery down by the oil refineries, under the bridge, in Newark, NJ) so I guess we'll put it away again, till next New Years eve.

Last edited:
I went to a party with Dad and some of his friends. Got back home around 11:15 at night, and went straight to bed. Next morning I just played Trainz until lunch.

Oh, I also now get to take that horrid splint off my leg for good! :D

Kieran.

Worked on my Trainz route. I downloaded some huge ARC-GIS format DEMs and did some track following.

I stayed up until 3:30 on 1/1/2013. I was wired after drinking 3 cups of tea and having a nap.

I then spent yesterday doing some backups and working on my route again.

John

Back