Highland Industries dl

turt21

whn I try to dl the Highland industries again after my bad "Reset" I get an "invalid content" error. I dl into content manager is that right? Im trying to get some of my routes back.

Hi, it's easier to use the content manager from the start-up screen, the is a much better filter system.
The problem with Highland Industries (IIRC) is that there's so many of them!

I'm assuming that your downloading from DLS.
If you have the route as a CDP, use content manager and the import options.
You don't appear to have other Trainz versions with this username, but if the route is from pre Tane, you'll need to load it into an older version, export as CDP, reimport to TANE, repeat to TS19Colin

This is Great. I tried to dl another Highland route this morning through Content Store and things went well. I had about 80% then I look and it said "server fail" or some such thing. I retry only to see that its started all over again. Frustration level with this sim goes up another notch. Not something to make me want to spend more with problems like this.

This is Great. I tried to dl another Highland route this morning through Content Store and things went well. I had about 80% then I look and it said "server fail" or some such thing. I retry only to see that its started all over again. Frustration level with this sim goes up another notch. Not something to make me want to spend more with problems like this.

That would be your ISP, or your network connection and not the DLS. I downloaded a route plus dependencies today without issues.

I have a problem with that. I have no other problems and this has happenned all but one time. I cant understand why they cant continue the dl. Being stuck w one route that I like is going to get boring and I will end up shelving the game rather than reinvesting. Im not overly happy with the service.

I have a problem with that. I have no other problems and this has happenned all but one time. I cant understand why they cant continue the dl. Being stuck w one route that I like is going to get boring and I will end up shelving the game rather than reinvesting. Im not overly happy with the service.

So if it's only this route, I wouldn't bother, if that's what you're saying. There's a gazillion routes to try, besides the Highland Valley Industries, if it's the real one, is really, really, really, (did I say really) old. The others are clones on the mobile version and are probably trash anyway.

As I said, I downloaded the Twin Peaks Railway Co. route today without issue as well as others by many other content creators in the past plus a ton of content.

As far as continuing to download, I wouldn't want to do that because there will be files that are partially written to disk. I would rather start over again. In your case, if you were to download again, it'll skip over what it doesn't need and pickup what it does need. You can see this happening by expanding the download progress bar by clicking on the small arrow pointing to the progress bar. Watch and read carefully. You'll see what I mean.

I have the basic off the shelf acct. Are all there gazillion routes in the DLC? . Right now Im stuck w the 4K/sec rule. And thanks for your help.

I have the basic off the shelf acct. Are all there gazillion routes in the DLC? . Right now Im stuck w the 4K/sec rule. And thanks for your help.

No there's a gazillion routes on the DLS - Download Station. If you're getting 4k/sec, you need to purchase a First Class Ticket (FCT). If you have an FCT already, ensure it's enabled in your My Trainz account. An FCT allows for unlimited downloads and at full bandwidth and no 100 MB daily limit.

If you need to purchase a ticket, you can do so here:

First Class Ticket (choose duration when ordering) | Trainz Store (trainzportal.com)

An FCT is about $35 these days, but N3V always has them on sale. You also get a 3-month ticket with your Trainz purchase so, as I said see if you have one already and be sure to enable it, otherwise, you'll be stuck in the slow lane.

Hi,

I've just ysed the "Download station" tab in the header to search for "Highland Valley"...
Including TRS 2004, and there are 18 pages of routes!

Most of these are for build 3.8 - the Mac version of Trains Simulator 2 and are by various authors.

The original version was ages and ages ago, the oldest I can find on the DLS is Highland Valley 2004 <KUID:5204:100253>, there's also Highland Valley Industries by "Helpdesk" for TRS 2009 SP1 <KUID:-3:10173>.

These don't appear on the content manager search in TS 19, so it's download them by ftp - note that neither Chrome nor Edge support ftp downloads, so you'll need to find a suitable method...

If you have TRS 2009, you can click on the "download with content manager" and let the browser open the application. (I'm using v3.3)

I'm not sure about the session/scenarios for it.

HTH,

Colin

Back