help!

bmjank

I have been trying to set up a industry loader and unloader. When i hit the ? the properties box comes up blank .How do i set them with goods? Some of them came up with goods but most of them are not what i ve been looking for. Can somebody help if this makes any since.

Sorry to all i cant s p e l l

First off, you need to include the kuid of the item in your question so someone can investigate what the offending item is. There's a possibility that it's not industry interactive. Another chance is on some of the items, you have to click on the track, not the building.
Norm

Gmax Cadd DXF files convert to 3D - How?

Sorry to be replying off topic but I can't find how to start a new thread. Maybe someone can show me- this is my first post. I need help too so it's sorta related.
I have tons and tons of CADD drawings easily converted to DXF
I notice in Gmax you can import DXF drawings (I did it successfully)
At that point I was completely stumped. I even made a simple box in Generic CADD and imported it.
How does one go from a flat CADD drawing to a 3D model?
Thanks for any help anyone can give

bandopcific:

To start a new thread, firstly decide which forum it should go, then go there.

About the middle screen, on the left of the screen is a button Start Thread

I would be interested in your CAD file import to GMAX

Did your generic CAD box come out as a box in GMAX ??

Last edited:
I use CADD for all of my creations, import them into Gmax and then do my attachment points, texturing and hidden face removals. I find that it's a lot easier to create geometric shapes and place them where I want them in a CADD program.
If your CADD drawings are 2D, then you're probably going to have to use them as an XREF file in your CADD program to create a 3D drawing before importing to Gmax or I believe that you can use the CADD drawing as a background in the viewports of Gmax as a guide to construct from.
Mike

generic cadd to gmax 3D

bandopcific:

To start a new thread, firstly decide which forum it should go, then go there.

About the middle screen, on the left of the screen is a button Start Thread

I would be interested in your CAD file import to GMAX

Did your generic CAD box come out as a box in GMAX ??

No, i just drew a simple box in cadd, 3 views, , converted it to a dxf file, and imported it to gmax. When it came in it was in a flat plane, like looking at a piece of paper edge on. If I rotated it it appeared, like turning the paper. I tried somehow to explode it, but the 3 views remained locked together in each view. (the "flat piece of paper" showed up in all 3 views.) Maybe i have to split it up into 3 separate views before i import it, the top view, front, and left side. If i knew how to send a screen shot i would. There has got to be a way, i just don't know it.
Maybe i'll try to start a thread the way you said so others can see it. look for it.
Thanks for the reply -
B&O Pacific

I use CADD for all of my creations, import them into Gmax and then do my attachment points, texturing and hidden face removals. I find that it's a lot easier to create geometric shapes and place them where I want them in a CADD program.
If your CADD drawings are 2D, then you're probably going to have to use them as an XREF file in your CADD program to create a 3D drawing before importing to Gmax or I believe that you can use the CADD drawing as a background in the viewports of Gmax as a guide to construct from.
Mike
Thanks - I started a new thread - just posted it
I am not familiar with xref. My cadd program is very basic. You are right - it is so easy to do a drawing in CADD.
The L&N? WOW! - I grew up in Cincinnati and saw a lot of it - what a great railroad - but that's another topic
see you in the new thread

B & O Pacific

Back