Help with signals

Jayco-man

I'm using signals " Safetran clight signal " I just can't
JZF9nk.jpg
seem to get them right. That didn't work out the way I though. I took the picture up high, and you could see the track in blue really good, but after I uploaded the picture and put it on here it doesn't look the same. I'll try to do one on paper and upload it that way.

Last edited:
pnh9Ohp5j
I'm at cords 37degree32'42"N and 81degree57'34"W I need from the Y left and right and back to the first switch after you come through the tunnel, I have tried everything and just can't seem to get it right. I was going to draw a sketch but though this might be better, if not then I'll do a sketch and upload it to the form.

Last edited:
Protect the wye with some Saftran 3-head signals. (JR Type 08 interlocking equivalents.

Put a signal on each side of each leg so that the two lines going in like this. I've had excellent luck with this setup for interlockings. I'm using old RRS Interlockings on this route which hasn't been updated, but Saftran 3-head interlockings will work just the same.

Each leg is setup exactly the same with the signals set to the direction of travel like this. Each signal here has one facing the opposite to protect each leg. I tried editing your image but it's too blurry to see the details.

If the wye is large, I will put a track mark on each leg plus at each end and use the Navigate via track mark command to ensure the AI stays on track, no pun intended. This is to prevent unintended backup moves.

2022-02-03 024827.jpg

2022-02-03 024905a.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thank you very much for the help, but even after I tried with your suggestion, I could not get it to work, but after another probably six hours later I manage to figured it out. everything seems to be working ok, just wanted to thank you anyway.

Don't know if this is pertinent, but in T:ANE the JR Safetran signals do not indicate properly when the locomotive is operating in reverse, only when moving forward. Or have they fixed that?

:B~)

If you are driving in "easy" mode (DCC) switch the logical heading of the loco so that if driving in reverse DCC control is operating locomotive in forward mode. In other words, go "forward" when going "backwards". Signals give proper aspect then.

Just make sure you have your track markers and that sort in the right the right directions. I had track direction markers set in one direction and it should have been marked for both directions with the red markers and I didn't noise it, Olwell live and learn.

Just make sure you have your track markers and that sort in the right the right directions. I had track direction markers set in one direction and it should have been marked for both directions with the red markers and I didn't noise it, Olwell live and learn.

I've done that before! You spend hours going in circles trying to figure out what's going on and the problem is staring right at you in the face.

Back