Help with making a Used Car Dealership on a Route I'm building

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I need help figuring out how to make what this thread is named after: A stereotypical used car dealership. The main problem I'm having is the cars. I'd like to have some good-quality cars, but I want to also have them look like those you see on a stereotypical used car dealership: really old, overpriced, and about to fall to pieces. Plus, I also want to have the stereotypical used car salesman: overweight, chewing on a cigarette, and wearing a cheap suit. Note: If there's anybody on the Forums who works as a used car salesman, I apologize if I offended you.

I need help figuring out how to make what this thread is named after: A stereotypical used car dealership. The main problem I'm having is the cars. I'd like to have some good-quality cars, but I want to also have them look like those you see on a stereotypical used car dealership: really old, overpriced, and about to fall to pieces. Plus, I also want to have the stereotypical used car salesman: overweight, chewing on a cigarette, and wearing a cheap suit. Note: If there's anybody on the Forums who works as a used car salesman, I apologize if I offended you.

I can make the dealership, and lot props you might need. i.e Banners, balloons, etc. I'm already making a bunch of building assets for etozorak, I can add this to the list,:wave:

The fat salesman is out of my skill set. But, I could reskin one of neoklai75s business man models, maybe going after the Kurt Russell look from
the Used Cars movie?

124212072-a3e3143b-9111-4c7e-95fa-9fd9acf0e717.jpg

The lot vehicles are going to need the advanced modeling skills of Cadel, Flomarie07, arraial, Dinorius Redundicus or similar, as making a wrecked, or falling apart car/truck and texturing same is a complex (and tedious) job. ;)

Rico

Last edited:
I can make the dealership, and lot props you might need. i.e Banners, balloons, etc. I'm already making a bunch of building assets for etozorak, I can add this to the list,:wave:

The fat salesman is out of my skill set. But, I could reskin one of neoklai75s business man models, maybe going after the Kurt Russell look from
the Used Cars movie?

124212072-a3e3143b-9111-4c7e-95fa-9fd9acf0e717.jpg

The lot vehicles are going to need the advanced modeling skills of Cadel, Flomarie07, arraial, Dinorius Redundicus or similar, as making a wrecked, or falling apart car/truck and texturing same is a complex (and tedious) job. ;)

Rico

The thing is, I know that you use Sketchup, which I'm trying to stay away from. I'm using davesnow's 'Billy Bob's Used Car Lot Building DES' and 'Billy Bob's Used Car Lot Sign DES' so I don't need a building made, just need to find the right cars and person on the DLS. I'm planning on using yukonzoom's chain-link fence with barbed wire and razor wire to surround it.

Last edited:
The thing is, I know that you use Sketchup, which I'm trying to stay away from. I'm using davesnow's 'Billy Bob's Used Car Lot Building DES' and 'Billy Bob's Used Car Lot Sign DES' so I don't need a building made, just need to find the right cars and person on the DLS. I'm planning on using yukonzoom's chain-link fence with barbed wire and razor wire to surround it.

Well, good luck with finding any weight challenged Trainz people on the DLS, and that happen to be wearing a suit as well, I've looked, alot, LOL. Apparently Trainz people eat well, and exercise alot.

Rico

You mean something like this?

A bunch of old cars with a scummy salesman haggling with a poor customer whose being sold an old rust bucket.

2016-09-22 143119.jpg

2016-09-22 152200.jpg

Yes. That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Are you using the standard Carz, and who made those apparently British cars based on the license plates?

Yup as well as others I downloaded from the DLS. Dave Snow made Bob's dealership and the sales dudes are people from the DLS or built in. I can't remember. I also have some really junky cars from HP Trainz in there as well. I just put them in rows crammed tightly together while mixing in older models and newer ones. The setup took me about 40 minutes to setup. Like anything here, you can put in as many details as you want.

Back