Help select the TRS22 Menu Music

Idea: for regional versions, have different music play from those countries. In the UK, have UK music, in the EU, have EU music that can switch around, so one time you might have Spanish salsa and the next some French traditional musette…

Just a thought, or allow us to switch music like Phil said. Would make switching music way easier.

Nicke - yes, we thought about mentioning loops but decided that getting an idea of tastes first of all would be a better starting point.
Thanks everyone for your contributions so far - please keep them coming (or, alternatively, avoid commenting on the final selection if you don't like it ;) ).

Btw, playing your own music is already an option - just do it.

I'm 76 years old, so mostly 50's, 60's, and 70's rock. But basically anything except RAP. Don't need any friggin' RAP.

deleted from someone who is messing with me. Adding dumb things. RJArtim

Last edited:
Fix problems, THEN play music!. Totally irrelevant to the proper operation of the product.
A distraction.......

Fix problems, THEN play music!. Totally irrelevant to the proper operation of the product.
A distraction.......
1. Submit reproduceable problems here and they will be fixed - Trainz Bug Report
2. The current menu music is seen as a problem by some
3. Asking for community involvement greatly reduces our "distraction"
4. If you don't submit anything in step 1, chances are it won't be fixed.

NO MUSIC - already an option for those who don't want it.

So since there seems to be a shortage of suggestions of music as opposed to other less pleasant suggestions, may we offer more than 3 choices?

Trainz members,
Very interesting topic about the Trainz TRS19, TRS22 background music.
Some gaming software applications allow the user to place their own personal music choices in a game folder usually called "Music".
Also what is important is to individually adjust the sound levels for the Menu background, cab radio voice messages, train surround sounds, etc, usually adjusted by control sliders in the game setup.
Are there any new sound adjustments in the TRS22 product ?
davies_mike57

I haven't seen any in Trainz Plus so I assume the answer is no. Remember, this music is only played while you are on the menu screen before you start Surveyor or Driver.

Actually, with all the anomalies people keep reporting, I am thinking something along the lines of the theme from the X-Files. :hehe:

:D

I much prefer the Train sounds that were in the older trainz series than music. Can we have them back - pretty please!

Normally turning off the menu music is one of the first things I do with a new install along with decreasing the cursor movement speed. Just to see what it sounds like in TRS19 PE I turned it on. I actually enjoyed the music and found it very suitable. It has a timeless quality and is very soothing. Whoever made that choice should make the new choice.

Back