Help please: some of my boards are missing wireframe grid lines.

JonMyrlennBailey

I tried merging a new single board to the route, rebuilding the database and even reinstalling the route from CDP. No dice.

qCmLnXs.jpg

I had the same problem when installing an old route into TANE. The grid was there, but as soon as I made a single change, the grid disappeared from that board. It didn't seem to affect anything, but bugged me knowing it was there

I had the same problem when installing an old route into TANE. The grid was there, but as soon as I made a single change, the grid disappeared from that board. It didn't seem to affect anything, but bugged me knowing it was there

WITHOUT WIREFRAME VIEW, IT IS DIFFICULT TO USE TOPO TOOLS PRECISELY TO SHAPE GROUND. I was able to add ground over some boards to get lines back but not all boards. In some cases I had to use 10 mm vs 5 mm to get lines back.

I cloned one of fishlips' islands. That route might be buggy in TANE SP4.

Routes prior to TS2009 have a different file structure.

To import the files, you need to rename them. See this example here:

Original files names:

e & e-rev2.bmk
e & e-rev2.gnd
e & e-rev2.obs
e & e-rev2.trk

New file names:

mapfile.bmk
mapfile.gnd
mapfile.obs
mapfile.trk

I think you can fix the already installed route by opening the route for editing in explorer.
Rename the files and then submitting.

If this doesn't work, rename the files as above.
Copy the folder to your desktop.
Delete the route currently installed.
Import the folder from your desktop back in.
Submit.

Once submitted, you'll have to remerge the route again into the route again.

Last edited:
Routes prior to TS2009 have a different file structure.

To import the files, you need to rename them. See this example here:

Original files names:

e & e-rev2.bmk
e & e-rev2.gnd
e & e-rev2.obs
e & e-rev2.trk

New file names:

mapfile.bmk
mapfile.gnd
mapfile.obs
mapfile.trk

I think you can fix the already installed route by opening the route for editing in explorer.
Rename the files and then submitting.

If this doesn't work, rename the files as above.
Copy the folder to your desktop.
Delete the route currently installed.
Import the folder from your desktop back in.
Submit.

Once submitted, you'll have to remerge the route again into the route again.

It only appears to be the few baseboards that I changed from 10m to 5m that lost their wireframe lines over some time. They had lines showing right at the time of the change but eventually lost them. I will have to leave fishlips' Island1 baseboards alone from hereon. His original wireframe resolution is 10m vs 5m. 5m allows for more topo details, more refined ground contours.

Here is the file listing for my own route created from the fishlips' route (this is how TANE SP4 Surveyor made it so):

config.txt"profile.amd"
profile.dat"
profile.lyr"
profile.not"
profile_0_0.rlr"
profile_-5_6.obs"
profile_-11_-13.obs"
profile_-17_-5.obs"
profile_-22_-19.obs"
profile_-29_-22.obs"
profile_-30_-23.obs"
profile_-34_-24.trk"
profile_-34_-24.vtx"
profile_-35_-24.trk"
profile_-35_-24.vtx"
profile_-35_-25.obs"
profile_-35_-25.trk"
profile_-35_-25.vtx"
profile_-35_-26.obs"
profile_-36_-24.trk"
profile_-36_-24.vtx"
profile_-36_-25.obs"
profile_-36_-25.trk"
profile_-36_-25.vtx"
profile_-36_-26.obs"
profile_-36_-26.vtx"
profile_-38_-27.obs"
profile_index.obs"
profile_index.rlr"
profile_index.trk"
profile_index.vtx"
thumbnail.jpg"

Here is the file lsiting for the fishlips' Island1 as downloaded:

config.txt"
"island 1.bmk"
island 1.gnd"
island 1.obs"
island 1.tr

It only appears to be the few baseboards that I changed from 10m to 5m that lost their wireframe lines over some time. They had lines showing right at the time of the change but eventually lost them. I will have to leave fishlips' Island1 baseboards alone from hereon. His original wireframe resolution is 10m vs 5m. 5m allows for more topo details, more refined ground contours.

Here is the file listing for my own route created from the fishlips' route (this is how TANE SP4 Surveyor made it so):

config.txt"profile.amd"
profile.dat"
profile.lyr"
profile.not"
profile_0_0.rlr"
profile_-5_6.obs"
profile_-11_-13.obs"
profile_-17_-5.obs"
profile_-22_-19.obs"
profile_-29_-22.obs"
profile_-30_-23.obs"
profile_-34_-24.trk"
profile_-34_-24.vtx"
profile_-35_-24.trk"
profile_-35_-24.vtx"
profile_-35_-25.obs"
profile_-35_-25.trk"
profile_-35_-25.vtx"
profile_-35_-26.obs"
profile_-36_-24.trk"
profile_-36_-24.vtx"
profile_-36_-25.obs"
profile_-36_-25.trk"
profile_-36_-25.vtx"
profile_-36_-26.obs"
profile_-36_-26.vtx"
profile_-38_-27.obs"
profile_index.obs"
profile_index.rlr"
profile_index.trk"
profile_index.vtx"
thumbnail.jpg"

Here is the file lsiting for the fishlips' Island1 as downloaded:

config.txt"
"island 1.bmk"
island 1.gnd"
island 1.obs"
island 1.tr

Delete the route you modified in TANE.

Here's a better solution, which I forgot about last night being quite late as it was.

Open up your route from Fishlipsatwork in TS12 and make a slight change, i.e., add a tree and then delete.

Save the route, meaning it's cloned now under your ID. I've done this and called the route FOR MERGING, or something similar.

Import the clone into TANE.

This will work 100% of the time.

The other method is to take the original and rename the island files to mapfile by opening the route for editing in Content Manager, but this has to be done before any other editing in TANE. I think the TS12 method is easier.

Delete the route you modified in TANE.

Here's a better solution, which I forgot about last night being quite late as it was.

Open up your route from Fishlipsatwork in TS12 and make a slight change, i.e., add a tree and then delete.

Save the route, meaning it's cloned now under your ID. I've done this and called the route FOR MERGING, or something similar.

Import the clone into TANE.

This will work 100% of the time.

The other method is to take the original and rename the island files to mapfile by opening the route for editing in Content Manager, but this has to be done before any other editing in TANE. I think the TS12 method is easier.

I can't import this route back into TS12. It was created in TANE SP4. A bunch of missing/unknown dependencies listed. Not backward compatible.

Changing from 10m to 5m unless it's a flat route with no hills or mountains either do all to 5m or don't, a mixture of 5m and 10m causes gaps to appear where a 5m board meets a 10m one.

What happens when you turn off the wire grid?

Back