HELP! CUSTOM CONTENT WON'T WORK ON TRAINZ 2006!

Greetings ThomasFanIan,

It is not surprising that some of the content on the DLS is bad. Some of it was created many years before trs06 was developed,. If you stick to downloading only content created for 2006 you will find should find most will be error free.

& when I drive custom content it says TrainzUtil has a problem
Which 'custom content' do you mean?
Are these items you have created or some of the items with the errors you mentioned?

It would make sense for items with errors to cause grief for TrainzUtil. What errors message are you getting? Are there specific items you mean? What kuid/kuids ?

Regards,
Lenny

Do you have service pack 1 installed? This allows TRS06 to ignore many of the less serious errors. You'll probably find that most of the apparently faulty items actually work OK (though they may slow things down a little). I found very few items I'd used in TRS04 gave me grief in TRS06 after I had installed the service pack.

Paul

If you install sp1 as paulzmay suggested you might have a better time.

If you do have sp1 installed, it might be that the locos, or the supporting assets that are causing your issues. Which, sad to say, they may have to be fixed, if you can fiz them, or remove them and find others that work without crashing your computer.

I have added the link to sp1 if you need it. Go there and click downloads/'service packs'

http://www.auran.com/TRS2006/index.php

If you do find you need to insall the service pack you must uninstall trainz first, then reinstall trainz, and sp1 immediatly (without running trainz before the sp1 has been applied)

Godd luck,
Lenny

Back