Hello!!!!...

RodSMFunk

Wanted To Say Hello To Everyone. New To Trainz Site. Have Been Loving Trains Since The Early 70s. I Got My Pace/Metra/CTA Ride Free Card Few Weeks Ago. I Can't Wait Until It Gets Warm To Ride On The Metra An Take Videos Of Trains.

BTW...I Grew Up In Eola.Illinois. Step Out My Front Door....There's 6 Tracks Less Then 20 Feet Away. That's How I Got Into Trains. Can Watch Them All Day.

Welcome to Trainz. I'm sure you'll find this forum very helpful. Got a problem - just ask.

What version of Trainz are you running?

Cheers

Thank You.

Wow...You've Been Here Since 2006. Didn't Even Know This Site Existed Until Today. Tsk Tsk.

I Bought Train Simulator 2 For iPad This Morning. An Tried To Download Some User Created Routes. But It Said I Needed A Auran Account. Thats How I Got Here. But Its Showing "File Not Found". Grrrr. I Want To Buy Train Simulator 2014....Because I Mainly Like BNSF....CSX....Union Pacific...Metra Kind Of Trains. The Games That Has Mostly These...I Will Buy. Would Know Of Any?

Thank You.

Wow...You've Been Here Since 2006. Didn't Even Know This Site Existed Until Today. Tsk Tsk.

I Bought Train Simulator 2 For iPad This Morning. An Tried To Download Some User Created Routes. But It Said I Needed A Auran Account. Thats How I Got Here. But Its Showing "File Not Found". Grrrr. I Want To Buy Train Simulator 2014....Because I Mainly Like BNSF....CSX....Union Pacific...Metra Kind Of Trains. The Games That Has Mostly These...I Will Buy. Would Know Of Any?

Hi Rod and welcome to the Trainz forums and to Trainz. You were lucky to grow up with that kind of traffic outside your front door. I had a small freight yard which my dad brought me over to see. This was a small local yard with a switcher which served a now extant paper mill on a branch off the main line. The through passenger and freights traveled between Boston and points west and north to Maine. We'd see parades of potato trains at one time before all that moved to trucks in the late 1960s.

Even though many of us show November 2006 as our start date, we've been here much longer. There was a very sad forum crash just before then which wiped out everything and we had to start from scratch. I've been here, for example, since December 2003 with others being here since 2001.

If you have trouble registering your software, or creating a MyTrainz account, contact the help desk via the button on the top of the forums page. They will contact you on Monday, or very late Sunday our time. The company is located in Australia and the support staff does not work weekends, although some members of their staff will visit the forums.

Presently we are experiencing some network or server issues which Bill (Hiballer) has explained in another thread. This has caused issues with downloading and updating content. The company is aware of the issue, and hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

Once you are able to connect to the Download Station, you will find a vast amount of content, perhaps 300,000 plus items which you maybe able to install into your iPad version. I'm not sure if all of it will work, given you have the tablet and not a PC or Mac version, which I highly recommend investing in. At the present time, the company is working on a totally new version called Trainz: A new Era, which we refer to by it's initials T:ANE or TANE. This is a version, which has been delayed, however, for good reasons and is being built from the ground up. If you have a PC or Mac, you might be interested in this version eventually, or even the current version TS12 as it does offer more content.

Anyhow, sit tight and once things are sorted on the server side, you should be able to download content. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and hopefully we can help you.

John

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You can register your game to your account here:
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php
I suggest you do so soon, because a lot of people will ignore you or not take you serious without a legal version of the game listed next to your forum name.
It will also makes it possible to download stuff from the DownloadSite (assuming you got a recent version).

I suggest you read about correct capitalization here:
http://www.towson.edu/ows/capitalization_rules.htm
In short: Not every word because that makes your posts very annoying to read.

Hi Rod and welcome to the Trainz forums and to Trainz. You were lucky to grow up with that kind of traffic outside your front door. I had a small freight yard which my dad brought me over to see. This was a small local yard with a switcher which served a now extant paper mill on a branch off the main line. The through passenger and freights traveled between Boston and points west and north to Maine. We'd see parades of potato trains at one time before all that moved to trucks in the late 1960s.

Even though many of us show November 2006 as our start date, we've been here much longer. There was a very sad forum crash just before then which wiped out everything and we had to start from scratch. I've been here, for example, since December 2003 with others being here since 2001.

If you have trouble registering your software, or creating a MyTrainz account, contact the help desk via the button on the top of the forums page. They will contact you on Monday, or very late Sunday our time. The company is located in Australia and the support staff does not work weekends, although some members of their staff will visit the forums.

Presently we are experiencing some network or server issues which Bill (Hiballer) has explained in another thread. This has caused issues with downloading and updating content. The company is aware of the issue, and hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

Once you are able to connect to the Download Station, you will find a vast amount of content, perhaps 300,000 plus items which you maybe able to install into your iPad version. I'm not sure if all of it will work, given you have the tablet and not a PC or Mac version, which I highly recommend investing in. At the present time, the company is working on a totally new version called Trainz: A new Era, which we refer to by it's initials T:ANE or TANE. This is a version, which has been delayed, however, for good reasons and is being built from the ground up. If you have a PC or Mac, you might be interested in this version eventually, or even the current version TS12 as it does offer more content.

Anyhow, sit tight and once things are sorted on the server side, you should be able to download content. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and hopefully we can help you.

John

Hey John.

Thanks For The Reply. Wow...That Means Thisn Site Has Been Around For A Long Long Time. I Wish There Was A Site On The Net....Where Everyone Just Uploads Videos Of Trains That They Took. I Know Youtube Has Videos. I Mean An "All Train" One.

Ohhh... I Was Wondering What All This TANE Talk Was. Ahhh...The New One. Why Doesn't Any Simulator Have The Metra Train??? None Of Them. Because Of Trademarks An Metra Hasn't Allowed? Metra Is BNSF....Like Alot Of The Other Ones In The Game. They Should Allow It. I Would Also Love A Illinois Route. Maybe Chicago To Aurora. (Hopefully). Chicago Has Millions Of Train Yards. Enough To Watch For The Rest Of Your Life. I Can't Wait Until The Summer. My Chicago Cubs And Train Watching On Board. :)

Hey John.

Thanks For The Reply. Wow...That Means Thisn Site Has Been Around For A Long Long Time. I Wish There Was A Site On The Net....Where Everyone Just Uploads Videos Of Trains That They Took. I Know Youtube Has Videos. I Mean An "All Train" One.

Ohhh... I Was Wondering What All This TANE Talk Was. Ahhh...The New One. Why Doesn't Any Simulator Have The Metra Train??? None Of Them. Because Of Trademarks An Metra Hasn't Allowed? Metra Is BNSF....Like Alot Of The Other Ones In The Game. They Should Allow It. I Would Also Love A Illinois Route. Maybe Chicago To Aurora. (Hopefully). Chicago Has Millions Of Train Yards. Enough To Watch For The Rest Of Your Life. I Can't Wait Until The Summer. My Chicago Cubs And Train Watching On Board. :)

For prototype stuff, check out the prototype forum section where you can see train videos including Metra stuff that people have posted. You might have to do some searching, but YouTube as you know is the best source for this. The Screen Shots forum also has plenty of stuff to see to which was mostly created in Trainz TS12 and other versions. It's quite an addicting place to visit and very, very inspirational for route building.

There is a bit of Metra content in Trainz. You need to check the DLS, when it's working properly for it. I'm not sure if it will load into your iPad version, however, as I am not familiar with that Trainz version. People have also created many, many routes including those that are Illinois specific. You need to check the DLS for that. For a generic Chicago metro region route, check out Chicago Metro by Sniper297. I think that's his name, but anyway look for Chicago Metro.

I'm familiar with the greater Chicago area. In the 1980s, I worked for a company that made the Intercom Network terminals for Walgreen's. I traveled to Mount Prospect for about 3 weeks to do some repairs on some old equipment. During this time, I did some driving around and some train watching. :) One of the Walgreen's employees, who was also a rail fan, brought me on a great tour. I'll never forget watching the trains around Blue Island Yard and also seeing the big CNW yard along the Kennedy Expressway. When I stayed out there, I stayed in Arlington Heights in the Best Western on Route 14. I didn't get any sleep the whole time I was there because I was watching the parade of CNW freights and the commuter trains all night!

TANE aka Trainz A New Era, is due out in May, having been postponed again. It's a rewrite of the whole Trainz program for the MAC and the PC. There's a whole new underlying engine to support shadows and lighting effects, better physics, super elevation, sway, and other features. The version is presently still in beta and a public beta called TANE CE was made available to those that supported the product in preorders and KickStarter support.

John

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You can register your game to your account here:
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php
I suggest you do so soon, because a lot of people will ignore you or not take you serious without a legal version of the game listed next to your forum name.
It will also makes it possible to download stuff from the DownloadSite (assuming you got a recent version).

I suggest you read about correct capitalization here:
http://www.towson.edu/ows/capitalization_rules.htm
In short: Not every word because that makes your posts very annoying to read.

My Copy IS Legal Reguardless What Others Think. I Already Stated CLEARLY That I Have The " iPad Version " Of Train Simulator 2 Which I Bought From The App Store. ILL check My Emails But I'm Positive There Is No Serial. Wow... You Need To Type A Certain Way On Here To Please Certain People? I Think People With Attitudes Would Be More Annoying. But If That's The Case.. I Probably Won't Be Back.

Thanks Dragonharh For The Links To The Trains.

My Copy IS Legal Reguardless What Others Think. I Already Stated CLEARLY That I Have The " iPad Version " Of Train Simulator 2 Which I Bought From The App Store. ILL check My Emails But I'm Positive There Is No Serial. Wow... You Need To Type A Certain Way On Here To Please Certain People? I Think People With Attitudes Would Be More Annoying. But If That's The Case.. I Probably Won't Be Back.

Thanks Dragonharh For The Links To The Trains.

Hi Rod,

Don't get upset. The thing is others with the iPad version have registered and it shows up on their station line. The reason for the concern is we're very protective against piracy here since that was an issue in the past. We're not saying you are a pirate, but it's that level of paranoia that sets in once burned. So having said this, you should check your email as there should be a serial number which you will enter into your MyTrainz Account under serial numbers. Once the software is registered, it will show up on your station line and people will be more willing to give you support.

With your software registered, you will also have access to the Download Station, the DLS which I mentioned before.

If you have trouble registering, please contact the Helpdesk via the link above. Keep in mind that the company is located in Australia and the staff operate about 180 degrees out of phase of us here in the US, or about 13-14 hours difference. This means you may not receive an immediate response, and also keep in mind that they do not work weekends. This is a small company with limited staff.

John

True, some of us have been around since the beginning. I still have the first version CD. Trainz has come a long way, but admittedly graphics are way behind, but hope TANE really fixes that. Any Forum has Grammar, typing Police, no need to be upset about it. Caps on each word is slightly odd, but not as bad as ALL CAPS. Just basic Net Etiquette is all we ask here. As for your Product tag, its important. Lets us and N3V know you bought and support Trainz.

I See That Now. I See iPad And Android. If Anyone Knows...Please Tell Me How To Register Those Versions. I Don't See A Serial Anywhere. What Do I Put? I Do Have The Old Train Simulator From Microsoft Still. MSTS. I Have The Box And Disc Here. But I Know Thats A Different Company.

Yes...Typing With ALL CAPS Is The Worst. I Don't Know Why....But This Is Like A Trademark Of Mine....Caps On All Letters. I Don't Do It To Annoy People. Just A Old Habit I Do Everywhere.

Please Let Me Know Where The Serial Is For The iPad Version. I Use Wonder What That Meant Next To Someones Name. I Thought It Looked Cool. Now I Know....They Have All Those Versions. Nice. I Will Catch Up One Day Haha...

To register you android version. Try enter your username and password in options under General settings. For the Ipad version try the same thing because I don't know how it looks on it.

Last edited:
To register you android version. Try enter your username and password in options under General settings. For the Ipad version try the same thing because I don't know how it looks on it.

I Just Looked. I Don't See A Way. But I Do See A Few People That Have Android And iPad Next To Their Name....

I Just Looked. I Don't See A Way. But I Do See A Few People That Have Android And iPad Next To Their Name....

Take a look at my station line. You will see the Android on a secondary branch. If you have the iPad version, it will appear there also on the side rather than on the main line.

John

Take a look at my station line. You will see the Android on a secondary branch. If you have the iPad version, it will appear there also on the side rather than on the main line.

John

But What Do I Do To Even Get It Onto That Second Branch? I Looked. I Just Seen Where They Put The Long Serial. Where Do I Look in My Train App To Get The Serial Or What I Need To See?

But What Do I Do To Even Get It Onto That Second Branch? I Looked. I Just Seen Where They Put The Long Serial. Where Do I Look in My Train App To Get The Serial Or What I Need To See?

If you signed into the program as mentioned, it should have added your registration. This what occurred with the Android version.

Now here's a dumb question no one has asked...

Are you using two different usernames as in one to login here versus the one used when you downloaded your software? If you did that would explain why your username doesn't show the registered software.

If this is the case, I recommend contacting the Helpdesk as they can assist you with merging the two accounts to the one that you want use here on the forums and straighten out the confusion.

John

If you signed into the program as mentioned, it should have added your registration. This what occurred with the Android version.

Now here's a dumb question no one has asked...

Are you using two different usernames as in one to login here versus the one used when you downloaded your software? If you did that would explain why your username doesn't show the registered software.

If this is the case, I recommend contacting the Helpdesk as they can assist you with merging the two accounts to the one that you want use here on the forums and straighten out the confusion.

John

Very Good Point. But It Is. I Use RodSMFunk To Sign Up For Everything. Is There A Way To Sign Out On The iPad Version? I Dont See How. Then Sign Back In. The Passwords Must Be The Same As On Here Then Right? I Am Pretty Sure It Is...

Very Good Point. But It Is. I Use RodSMFunk To Sign Up For Everything. Is There A Way To Sign Out On The iPad Version? I Dont See How. Then Sign Back In. The Passwords Must Be The Same As On Here Then Right? I Am Pretty Sure It Is...

Sorry I can't help you with the iPad version. Check over in the support section for that product.

John

Back