Hello to all Trainzers

srude

I have been keeping close track of 2009 for over a year now. I read the posts at this site and at TrainzDev almost daily. And, based on what others have reported, I will not get TRS2009.

From a content creation point of view, there are simply too many things wrong with this version. Maybe a year from now 2009 might worth the money. I don't want get stuck with a defective product.

Software is one comodity which is not returnable!

Cheers,

srude

:p

TS2009 is working, it was TRS2006 that never worked.

JRT
First of all, his to buy or not to buy decision is based only on what he has read and then the focus was on the negative comments....and, like so many others who post similar declarations, he obviously believes that his decision is significant enough to warrant a new thread....:sleep:

Secondly, there are those who would disagree with your assessment of TRS2006...however, everyone is entitled to their own opinions...:cool:

Hello,

I am awaiting my TS2009 coming via Aussie post sometime today/tomorrow. I read about good and bad on this version and 2006 and decided to go with 2009. All games have bugs and issues when released. But thought since this is my first foray into Trainz series might as well get the latest, be it a good or bad decision, at worst I go and get 2006 version and continue on.

I have seen Auran as a good company that I am sure will get 2009 upto speed with any bugs etc. So pretty sure i'll be happy with 2009 when Aussie post finally gets it too me (Or loses it in the void called Mail Sorting LOL )

Warts and all, I am sure i'll get my 60 bucks worth out of it. My wife won't allow my actual N Guage setup in our house until we get a bigger place, which is no time soon, so she bought me this to keep me happy with train addiction. Presonally should of bought it sooner!

Cheers

Tan

I have been keeping close track of 2009 for over a year now. I read the posts at this site and at TrainzDev almost daily. And, based on what others have reported, I will not get TRS2009.

From a content creation point of view, there are simply too many things wrong with this version. Maybe a year from now 2009 might worth the money. I don't want get stuck with a defective product.

Cheers,

srude

:p

Get some one to show you Vinnybarb's new scenery objects then say TRS2009 isn't worth it. TRS2009 has issues with some content but TC3 is remarkably stable and a step up from TRS2006.

Cheerio John

Cheers, srude :p

srude,
The commercial reality; Regardless of whether you luv or hate 09, if everyone has the same view "maybe a year from now 2009 might be worth the money" and delays buying 09 for a year or so, well, then there's a possibility Auran won't be an around in 12 months from now...
The only way that Auran is going to be able to continue sorting out the remaining bugs in 09 WBE (& continue devoloping EE) is to have the "cash flow" to stay in business. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (Auran is a small business. 99.9% of small businesses need "cash flow" to survive). - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you have been following things closely in TrainzDev (as you say you have) you would have seen that SP1 (and the other patches) have sorted out a large number of bugs. (Sure, there's still more & hopefully SP2 will sort out most of those).
Everybody (sorry, well nearly everybody) keeps forgetting that it took four service packs to properly sort out TRS2004.
TRS2009 WBE is still a work in progress, with big strides been made forward with every patch.

srude; I'll put it to you this way; Which would you rather be? - Part of the
SOLUTION. or part of the PROBLEM???

By that I mean ''all the 09 knockers" who are continually knocking 09 for whatever reason, are putting people off purchasing it (09). The more people that are put off, the greater the chance of Auran going down the dunny...
Positive people, more positive people that believe like I do."That Auran will get 09 WBE right" !!! (it may never be perfect, but in my opinion, Auran is still heading in the right direction). No pain, no gain. (Just the price of progress)!!! Happy Trainzing...
Cheers, Mac... :p
PS; I for one are really enjoying 09 and have seen improvements with each patch. (still enjoying O6 as well)...

Last edited:
I have been running 06 for a couple of years without a problem. I have also been running 09 since it was released with only one problem, and that turned out to be a piece of content. If you wait to buy it, you'll only be upset a year from now, that you waited so long.

I don't like 2009, but in a bid to be fair, I was comparing frame rates with Fraps today between 2009 and 2006. I used the Marias Pass Approach "Cut Bank Wheat Campaign" session. 2009 worked this time, (it had been causing all sorts of problems in other route), and running in compatibility mode, displaying a greater distance, it whipped 2006's butt pretty good. 2006, for it's part turned in high numbers as well, but the scenery loaded in such a fashion that is was not realistic. 2009 had all the scenery load in place at once, so it was more convincing.

On another note, I decided to see what all the fuss was about this new SD40-2 model. It's certainly far and away better than the last SD40-2 model anyone employed by Auran made, but I did notice a few things that I didn't like. When riding in the cab, most of the scenery objects could not be seen through the windows. In external view, the trees are there, in interior view, they are not. Same route, same session. Secondly the driver is bisected at the waistline by the floor of the cab, and he looks awfully cute when viewed from outside, as his hat just clears the bottom of the engine's window.

I fulfilled my "duty" to Auran and bought the game, but I won't use it until it runs at least as well as 2006 does for me now. If that discourages someone from buying it, so be it! It's not my responsibility to lie about the quality of an Auran product, it's their responsibility to make a quality product.

I do like TRS2009 but I prefer TRS2006. Mainly because it has the tool to select which countries content you want and also because I have downloaded over 1000 objects (Scenery, Locomotives, Trams, Routes etc.).

:) :D ;) :wave:

I do like TRS2009 but I prefer TRS2006. Mainly because it has the tool to select which countries content you want and also because I have downloaded over 1000 objects (Scenery, Locomotives, Trams, Routes etc.).

:) :D ;) :wave:

You can import the downloaded content into TRS2009.

Cheerio John

2009 can filter so content from only a specific region is shown. It is available in CM2 and in Surveyor. Actually it is more versatile as you can pick several regions at once and types of content.

Back