GWR Churchward 101 Class

Alfredthelner

Here is something that I've been working on for a few months. A model of the Great Western No.101 designed by Churchward. Even tho this locomotive was built in 1902 and scrapped in 1911 I want to make other liveries for this engine such as BR Brunswick green (early crest) or BR Lined Black (also early crest). When the model is finished and exported to Trainz it shall be released to the public!
image.png

Very nice, Alfred. This locomotive will look nice shunting rakes of wagons or pulling a small passenger train on a heritage railway.

Very nice! Though would it have had the number on the smokebox door in GWR days? (though I can see how that would work for a BR version.)

Paul

That's a beautiful model you've got there!
The very first British OO scale model I bought was a used Hornby 101 with the GWR roundel probably over 15 years ago from a model train show in Del Mar. British models in the US were few and far between as a teen without access to Ebay. The motor has long burned out, but I kept it for sentimental reasons.

Hornby has been producing models of this little loco since the late '70s and applied numerous fictional liveries to it. British and Irish railway companies, industrial, and special event liveries. Plenty of options!

Back