GRAFFICS HELP

patlow

I am getting random flickering when useing opengl when i use directx no flicker but ts09 runs like a dog i had this on tc 3 as well can anybody help? specs below

dell xps 730 running in sli mode x3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 896Mb
processor
Manufacturer Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz
Clock Speed 24.4GHz
L2 Cache Size 12288
Processor
Clock Speed 24.4GHz
Memory
Available Memory 85.32 %
Page File Size 8187.6Mb
Available Page File 100.0 %
Virtual Memory 16377.Mb
Available Virtual Memory 92.07 %
Memory Slot 1 [DIMM0] 2048Mb
Memory Slot 2 [DIMM1] 2048Mb
Memory Slot 3 [DIMM2] 2048Mb
Memory Slot 4 [DIMM3] 2048Mb
win7 64 bit

Have you tried adjusting the anisitrophic filtering and anti-aliasing? I had to do this for my 8800GTS, which is an older card.

Another thought.... Trainz doesn't support SLI mode, so I wonder if that might be a problem.

Your OS and the rest of your system specs are fine. The speed should most likely be 2.44GHZ and 24.4GHZ unless it's a super-computer with a cryo-cooled core? :)

John

thank you

thank you its the sli mode as soon as i turned it off it ran ok will trs2010 use sli do you think? because trainzs is all i use it for

thank you its the sli mode as soon as i turned it off it ran ok will trs2010 use sli do you think? because trainzs is all i use it for

Sorry I don't know, Pat. Hopefully someone at Auran can tells once the dust settles down.

John

Hi patlow
if i read this right (dell xps 730 running in sli mode x3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 896Mb ) you are running 3 cards try running in SLI mode but only 2 cards not all 3 see how you go.

I run in SLI mode and have no problems BUT im running XP Pro SP3 but i did have TS2009 running in W7 RC in SLI mode with no problems.

I am getting random flickering when useing opengl when i use directx no flicker but ts09 runs like a dog i had this on tc 3 as well can anybody help?

Hello Patlow,

I get exactly the same results as you do,

In night mode in open GL, I get flickering lights in buildings, everywhere basically, it done this in Trainz 2006, however in Direct X, there are no flickering lights but the trainz programme runs a little bit slower... and I think it's to do with the graphics cards, your using a nVidia GeForce, I use the same, I've tested this out on two seperate computers, both giving the same effect, one computer has a nVidia GeForce 7300 and the other has a nVidia GeForce 9500 GT, I believe the Auran team are working to solve this problem in Trainz 2010, with possibly a service pack introduction for Trainz 2009...

With nVidia GeForce, direct X is the best to use, if you don't want flickering night lights, however if your running only daytime routes, then open GL will give you smoother running...

Talking of smoother running, have you tried Direct X in Native Mode, this is something I've not tested, as a lot of stuff I had, wouldn't work properly in native mode, so I made do with compatibility mode... however you might find smoother running in native mode in Direct X, without the flickering night lights...

Please let me know how you get on with this...

Hope this helps

Joe Airtime

hi airtime i only use native mode with the s&c addon which is the best i have seen on trainz also trs 2009 is the most stable. i have had it has not crashed all the other versions did
open gl gives me the best results but saying that i dont know how to setup the nvidia 3d setting for the program

Core i7 957, 12gb ram and 2x GTX 295 in quad sli here, I find for me that TC3 runs best in DirectX. I am using the 191.07 drivers. Might be worth looking at your driver version and seeing if they can be updated.

Rob

Back