Goodbye clickity clack sounds

Firefighterdan

343 NEVER FORGET
I am tired of the unrealistic clickety-clack sounds so I deleted them and my rolling stock came to life! I have all kinds of awesome sounds coming from my train now, I had no idea! I just hope I didn't affect anything so updating won't be an issue later on.

I hope you have a backup if not you'll find out soon enough when it's time to upgrade.

The clickety-clack sound had disappeared for a while, but sadly it has returned.

What exactly did you delete? I've been trying to get my trains to sound better but everything keeps getting overwhelmed by track noise

Instead of simply removing mine, I used Audacity to greatly reduce the amplitude of the wheel sounds. If you eliminate files, some programs (and I don't know if Trains is one of them) will do funny things. I once deleted (but saved) a bear roar sound from a game and the program stopped each time and popped up a message saying it could not find the bear roar wav file. I had to hit OK every time.

Bill

I only wish I could return the sound to real trains. I realise welded rail must save wear and tear on wheels, but I always found that sound very soothing,

I simply added an "x" to each file name. Hopefully it will be as simple as removing the "x" if there's a problem. Seemed to work fine for me

Even though I don't post at all anymore, I still hop on every so often to see if there's any cool reskins or interesting threads. This thread caught my eye, and I'd like to thank FirefighterDan for helping solve this problem. Did what rick1958 did and added an 'x' to each file, and it works perfectly. Thanks!

Even though I don't post at all anymore, I still hop on every so often to see if there's any cool reskins or interesting threads. This thread caught my eye, and I'd like to thank FirefighterDan for helping solve this problem. Did what rick1958 did and added an 'x' to each file, and it works perfectly. Thanks!

Glad I could help Sir!

While it might seem to work because Trainz is not complaining, I'm sure an entry is made to the error log every time it is called and not found. A better solution is to make a copy to a safe place as you have done then open the working file in a audio editor and lower the volume to zero and overwrite the file.

I did a while ago the same to the junction sounds (way to noisy)
AND to the car honk sounds (fkn irri)
In TANE, in 19, in 22 and plus.

Leftover is only the noise of bogies.

When a bogie has no sound at all, just add one.

I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread. I just got back into Trainz, after quite a long time.

The clickity clack sounds drive me nuts. Thank you :)

Back