Good news for lovers of the UP 9000 class!

Sorry for sounding foolish, I thought ​it was possible... I wonder why it wouldn't be possible though...

Because the wayback machine is just a copy of the site that was archived years ago. The archiving process doesn't handle dynamic sites at all. Shane is no longer selling the locos and frankly I doubt that the OP has original versions. More likely what he has are the ones that were on pirate websites. As I remember, Shane used PhilC's script to protect the locos from being pirated. The ones I saw on pirate sites didn't work correctly because a neanderthal rip the script out without repairing the damage.

Because the wayback machine is just a copy of the site that was archived years ago. The archiving process doesn't handle dynamic sites at all. Shane is no longer selling the locos and frankly I doubt that the OP has original versions. More likely what he has are the ones that were on pirate websites. As I remember, Shane used PhilC's script to protect the locos from being pirated. The ones I saw on pirate sites didn't work correctly because a neanderthal rip the script out without repairing the damage.

Yeah, it's better to be patient and stay on the safe side, without the risk of getting in trouble, or downloading malware...

In the mean time to wait for the creator to add whatever he needs to his UP 9000, do you guys believe this is a safe method from this video? The link is down in the description of the video to where the guy got it from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnKS2ao6dS4

Download Page [Adf.ly link]: http://kimechanic.com/14603811/up-9000***NOTE: Included in the video the installation guide***Consist components [Original Names]:- Loco: UP 9000 Locomotive (kuid:79097:9000:1)- Tender: UP 9000 Tender (kuid:79097:9001:1)
I wouldn't trust any link TheFidax puts in their descriptions because it ALWAYS leads to malware or adware sites.

Using a download manager, I use jDownloader2, behind that kimechanic.com link, a 78.81MB mediafire link appears in my download manager and inside there are four 9000 locomotives and their tenders, in folder format, if this is legal or No, I don't know, it's just informative.

I have some 9000s from the cowboy that I purchased years ago but I can't find the serial numbers. How can I contact him to see if he can resend them to me? Thanks.
Alco_P-A

Update?

Work is still under way. My skills have drastically improved since the beginning of the project so it has been on hold for me to do the absolute best I can with it. As it stands all the previously mentioned features are still in the works and a few more might be around but that is to be determined.

Given a little more time the models should be given adequate updating to keep them in the running for more years to come.

Even if some newer model comes out I will still release these as a preservation / renovation of trainz history. I'm sure it would still be appreciated by those who remember them from a long time ago.

Two separate versions will be made for backwards compatibility so a set for > T:ANE sp3 with tbumpenv and fbx then a set for > Trs19 with PBR and fbx. If anyone is still running older then T:ANE the build number will be set to 4.2 and use the newly implemented features of it, so it would not be compatible. Yet, if there are enough of y'all still kicking it with 12 and older I might do it for that aswell.

With kind regards,
Brougham

so TBG any progress in the new year so far just wondering because its been a while since you posted about this project

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting as I have been quite busy with things. The restart on the textures and smoke effects has been started. I didn't like the way the first go through was looking so I have started from the ground up. Currently all the smoke is done on the model as of yet.

A new question for those of the community needs to be asked now however. Just like my previous options questions there is a interesting smoke feature on this engine where it will be fine to kick up dust when the engine gets past 40 mph. I have kept and updated the feature on my current smoke edits but what would everyone line there. Should the dust effect stay or should it go?

Picture of the smoke compairison below. Top image is the original. Bottom two images are the new. All of the new smoke has been given a wind effect so the environment will affect how it looks more for a realistic appearance. I'll post another update soon as it keeps going along. foodle game

Thanks to Beau (one of my beta testers) for the great shots of the current progress!

Screenshot_220.png

Screenshot_2021-03-07_141638.png

Screenshot_2021-03-07_141700.png

Wow this is looking awesome! May you please let me know if this is available to download? Thanks a lot in advance :)

Please tell me this hasn't been abandoned.

Project has not been abandoned, just on the back burner as things have went another direction for a while. I have increased my work quality so much from when I first made the post that releasing the ones in the screenshots would be quite poor. All the things to be done to them are still happening however.

Mesh upgrades
Rebuilt drivers
Toggle meshes
Arn
Scripted smoke
PBR textures/Trainzmesh
Ect.

No real date is set but it is coming one way or another.

Just knowing UP's biggest non-articulated hasn't been left to rust is good enough for me. I was just a little worried because it'd been over a year since your last post in the thread :D

Edit:

I'm strongly considering buying myself a 9000-class in HO scale...anyone have any recommendations? DM me :)

Last edited:
Back