Going to Essex for a week

Well, Im back, it was chilly and wet. I did not go for a train ride though but I did pick up a timetable just in case though. There wasn't much to do really. I have picked up a leaflet from the station at Clacton about the London Liverpool Street closure that is going to happen over the 2007 xmas period. Has anyone heared about it yet?

Yeah its gonna muck ONE right up.

West Anglia and Stansted Express services

All services over this period will terminate at Tottenham Hale or Seven Sisters to allow interchange with London Underground Victoria Line. Chingford line services will terminate at Hackney Downs - passengers for London should change at Walthamstow Central for onward journeys via London Underground.
All Stansted Express trains and services from / to Hertford East will terminate / start from Tottenham Hale.
Services from / to Cambridge, Cheshunt and Enfield will terminate / start from Seven Sisters.
Services from / to Chingford will terminate / start from Hackney Downs.
Some trains will run between Seven Sisters and Hackney Downs with onward TfL bus services operating to London Liverpool Street.

Metro services

All services will operate between Stratford and Gidea Park, with London Underground connections to / from London Liverpool Street. A shuttle train service will operate for Harold Wood and Brentwood, passengers travelling to / from these stations should change at Gidea Park. A bus service will operate between Brentwood and Shenfield.

Southend services

Train services will run between Southend Victoria and Billericay with connecting buses operating from Billericay and Laindon for onward journeys to / from London Fenchurch Street via c2c services.
Services from / to Southminster will terminate / start from Wickford.

Mainline services

Train services will operate from / to Ingatestone, with connecting buses operating between Ingatestone and London Liverpool Street. The exception is on 27th and 28th December, when some train services will operate from / to Stratford where passengers can change for London Underground services from / to London Liverpool Street.

Back