GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Like the bogeys and couplers, the pantograph is a separate asset, already built (fits on the A-frames on the roof). If compared side by side, it would be apparent how much taller this one is than an average GE steeple-cab: built for a Class 1 railroad, not a traction/short line. Sort of like a New Haven EY-2 compared to other Baldwin-Westinghouse steeple-box cabs. (It also has a trolley pole, but for bootstrap use only - to run the compressor and raise the pantograph.)

@gp792 - Sorry, no Christmas upload this year - this one turns out to be more involved than expected, and maybre I'm slowing down a little. (g)

Paul,

that's fine. I actually wasn't asking about a Christmas upload. I just said it reminds me of the prewar American Flyer steeple cabs.

Like the bogeys and couplers, the pantograph is a separate asset, already built (fits on the A-frames on the roof). If compared side by side, it would be apparent how much taller this one is than an average GE steeple-cab: built for a Class 1 railroad, not a traction/short line. Sort of like a New Haven EY-2 compared to other Baldwin-Westinghouse steeple-box cabs. (It also has a trolley pole, but for bootstrap use only - to run the compressor and raise the pantograph.)

True very true, I wonder, is it a KCC Steeple Cab? It looks like its set up for side pans also :p

Had this in mind some far time ago (many moths ago), and finally today seeing a thread about upgrading Trainz Old routes from TRS2004 and TRS2006 started with it, many of the first users of trainz' will recognize it (but still needs some work)
And if N3V isn't about upgrading old assets i'll do what i can if time lets me
Still needs the vents exit or whatever it is, and it's been tried to recreate the original as max as possible, but with all 3D that it can carry or that i can recreate
7000+ polys and going up, but will have some good LODs

Building Shed Big

Shed%20Render%201_zpskdvieklw.png

Shed%20Render%202_zps3ndwcfbf.png

Greetings

PD Yes, im still trying to get his original color, maybe a bit more lighter blue

True very true, I wonder, is it a KCC Steeple Cab? It looks like its set up for side pans also :p

No, from a quick Google of KCC their steeple cabs were more the short-line size. This (the ES-2) has about the highest cab I've seen, with unusually steep slope on the end hoods going up from higher vertical ends. Don't have interior images, but it looks like there will be several steps up from the outside walkway to the cab floor, inside the doors.

Doesn't look anything like the Kennecott Copper Corporation locomotives.

13195984194_8d0bce93b6_b.jpg

But, looking at the details, it makes me think it looks like this:

110391_1.jpg

Very good.

Last edited:
Suddenly, a 36'6" outside-braced boxcar appeared! The backstory would be the road needed boxcars on the cheap, and so converted some stockcars. lol

-Ben

Last edited:
A work in progress ... GE C-18 7i built in Montreal at 1993 for Uruguay State Railway , the last 10 units until the Plant go out off bussiness.
A look at bare bone in both , Blender and Gmax ... :

ambos.png

And with preliminary textures , over Tane 90945 :

2018-01-08_123154.jpg

Back