GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

My best guess is somewhere east of the Mississippi.

Regards,

It's actually quite the opposite! This tower lies on the west coast somewhere. It's no longer standing but the interlocking it protected is still there, and it saw plenty of railroads before it's demolition, including the SP, ATSF, WP, UP, BNSF, Amtrak, and now ACE commuter.

It's not really meant to be an exact copy as it's more a model for a fictional project, a few smaller details were left out in the interest of poly counts/time. But, I like to think the resemblance is still there.

ALSO I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS BRO(s), I WARNED YOU

<facepalm> Winterail.... all those years... I don't know how I could have missed it.

It's Stockton Tower, isn't it?

Has to be stockton. There are no other interlockers where the ATSF and WP crossed.

That'd be it! Can't say too much, it was a pretty standard ATSF design I think, only differences were in the stair (STAIRS) configuration and the window/door placement. Little bit foolish to really think it'd be super-recognizable lol.

Definitely interesting trying to get the sizes/measurements decently correct without plans and with the tower no longer standing. (wink wink, if anyone's got any of the Santa Fe System Standard's booklets either pdfs or scans I'd love to try a few other designs)

This is Hobart tower and Mission tower below

12spend32.JPG
12spend33.JPG

HOBART-front+sw.jpg
MISSION-TOWER-south-zoom.jpg

I haven't been able to get much work done on my NYC 2-4-4T, but in the meantime I did recently start this USRA 0-6-0 and have been quite pleased with how much I've got done on it so far. The cab needs a little work and it's lacking a headlight, but I've got a lot of the other major pieces done so far. Haven't decided on what kind of tender will be paired with this locomotive.

RErfu1fh.png

How about a slopeback tender? That'll be appropriate for a switcher like your 0-6-0, and uncommon in Trainz.

Last edited:
How about a slopeback tender? That'll be appropriate for a switcher like your 0-6-0, and uncommon in Trainz.

Actually very few USRA 0-6-0s had slopeback tenders. The USRA rectangular one would be the most appropriate.

Regardless, Northern Pacific didn't have USRA 0-6-0s, so one could argue any tender could work for a NP version.

It's actually quite the opposite! This tower lies on the west coast somewhere. It's no longer standing but the interlocking it protected is still there, and it saw plenty of railroads before it's demolition, including the SP, ATSF, WP, UP, BNSF, Amtrak, and now ACE commuter.

It's not really meant to be an exact copy as it's more a model for a fictional project, a few smaller details were left out in the interest of poly counts/time. But, I like to think the resemblance is still there.

ALSO I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS BRO(s), I WARNED YOU

Well, that is a surprise, not that I'm wrong, that happens all the time.

Very nice work.

Regards,

I've done alittle bit more work on my gondy. I will make my own trucks for it, but for now these are in place to get a general idea.

950778ba72442ba8313fb58fe2b5cec1.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

A small amount of detail added. I will eventually get this rolling. Just need to make valve gear, and do some animation.

ae2448a3e1ffbbb81ad6bd754da385f2.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Back