Glad to be back

mihalich

Purchased and downloaded TRS 2009 a couple days ago. My oldest son has moved on from the game, but my youngest son (5) is into it more than ever now, and he was bored with 2006 (and 2004 lol).

So I got this one for him.

Glad to see a few things...

1) The Metro North Harlem Line is included from the TC version. Rode this train so many times I can count. However, I wish it went all the way to grand central. Love it none the less.

2) I was able import my pride and joy...the pacific surfliner route i created in TRS 2006 from the HOG textures map on the DLS. Had to delete a few unknown assets cuz I didn't feel like dealing with the HOG texture importing. But everything loaded great.

3) As a testament to the continuously well done GUI interface in surveyor, my 5 year old son is laying track, and objects, and running trains on it. Not an easy thing to accomplish for an otherwise difficult task. My only gripe has been that the list boxes have a horizontal scroll bar so you can see the full names of the objects, track, trains, etc.

4) $30 for this game is a steal. how can you turn that down. given all the content on the DLS.

5) Glad to see the MC Custom HUD in the things you can display on the screen. This should be the default HUD. you need to see the signals coming up.

That is all.

- Joe

Back