Geophil is a Legend

glenm74

Okay... Not often poster, often reader, however feel the need to say...

Geophil is a LEGEND :)

Transdem for trainz has to be the best tool in the trainz arsenal bar none...

Not taking away from anyone else and their fabulous tools, but as a new Transdem user, it just fits the bill perfectly.

Thank you so very much for producing a fabulous product :) Im happy to pay my license fee to see the product to continue to evolve :)

So silly for not procuring earlier when building with TRS-04... :)

Again... LEGEND :)

I've got to say that I don't know NEARLY all the whistles and bells, but it seems like every time I sit down with it, I say "Hey, I didn't know it could do THAT, too!"

I looked for quite a while to try to find a DEM for the area I wanted and held off before I spent money on TransDEM, but I'm glad I bought it.

I'll second the motion. Great piece of software!!!

Yes, the best Trainz add-on without exception.

I can't understand why N3V don't do a deal with Phil and incorporate TranzDEM into Trainz, there ought to be DEM-generation as an integral part of the game in this day and age.

Paul

Last edited:
I can't understand why N3V don't do a deal with Phil and incorporate TranzDEM into Trainz, there ought to be DEM-generation as an integral part of the game in this day and age.
I complety agree with you on that. I want to make a fictional line around the area that I live that follows a creek, and I am wanting to get it. The only problem is that I have no sorce of income these days due to this unstable economy of ours :(

Roland is definitely a true asset for the community. I too have recently purchased the software and just learning how to use it. In the process, I have barely scratched the surface, and still learning all the bells and whistles the program has to offer.

Incorporating this into Trainz? Yes and no. While having DEM import as a built-in option maybe convenient, it will lose its ability to be updated as frequently as a stand-alone product can.

John

Incorporating this into Trainz? Yes and no. While having DEM import as a built-in option maybe convenient, it will lose its ability to be updated as frequently as a stand-alone product can.

John

I'm sure he doesn't want to just GIVE his product away either after all of the hard work he's put into it, which leaves two options:

1) Leave it as shareware as it is.
2) Auran gives it away with Trainz 20XX. In order to do this, they are going to have to license it to pay him what he should get for his software. How do they do that? By passing along the price in the new version of Trainz.

I use TransDEM because I want to build a prototypical route after I tried my hand at plain flat-board route building. How many people actually build their own routes, much less want to get involved in building a realistic TransDEM route?

Long story short, keep it how it is to keep costs for ALL Trainz users down, insuring that more people are likely to buy the "base" product. That way, only the people who REALLY want to build these kind of routes take on the increased costs of the "upgraded" product.

Thanks for stopping by for Marketing 101 today. ;)

---Scott

Back