Garden Railways

CoolMatty

Steam Engine Driver
Hi all

We have all probably had model railways in the garage/spare room/ attic/ kitchen :hehe: etc. But how many of you have any kind of railway in your garden? After many years in 00 scale, space in the house meant it all had to be put away and hasn't been out since. However, I was thrust into the garden railway scene through some new members at my local model engineering club and I've never looked back. I model in 16mm to the foot scale on 32mm gauge track. I'm currently building a small garden line but I've visited many other lines in Yorkshire. Here's a vid of one local to me, we ride behind my two live steam locos in the film:

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/micks.mp4/

I have some more film that I can put up at some point and some pics, but is there any other garden railwayers of any scale out there?

Thanks

Matt

...snip... but is there any other garden railwayers of any scale out there?
Thanks
Matt

Started my G-scale garden railroad when my eyes could not see the tiny HO parts and pieces anymore , and my fingers all turned into thumbs . I absolutely love the larger scale railroad . I have recently installed onboard controls on my 9 year old layout and now the task of cleaning the track has all but disappeared !

--- ,DLR

Hey CoolMatty, I loved it. It's one of the best videos I've seen for a while, and have I seen a few!

I particularly loved the on board shots and the music. Can you please tell me the name of the CD it came from. I recognised it as a variation of Arthur Smith's Guitar Boogie but I've never heard it played with a harmonica before.

You may not believe this, but my next project after the Trainz Resources Directory will be a Miniature Railway Directory and garden railways will be featured.

I'd love to have a garden railway, but I don't even own a garden! In the meantime, I think you should invite the cops to your next meeting. Some of those guys will surely be booked for speeding or hooning.

Hey CoolMatty, I loved it. It's one of the best videos I've seen for a while, and have I seen a few!

I particularly loved the on board shots and the music. Can you please tell me the name of the CD it came from. I recognised it as a variation of Arthur Smith's Guitar Boogie but I've never heard it played with a harmonica before.

You may not believe this, but my next project after the Trainz Resources Directory will be a Miniature Railway Directory and garden railways will be featured.

I'd love to have a garden railway, but I don't even own a garden! In the meantime, I think you should invite the cops to your next meeting. Some of those guys will surely be booked for speeding or hooning.

Some people do go over "scale speed" but it's all in the fun! I'm hoping to get some more film up of a couple more lines. That particular garden was designed as a running track rather than scenic but it is still a joy to drive!

Matt

Back