Frame Per Sec. Limiter?

boleyd

I am using the route McCall Yard. I noticed that its FPS never exceeds 60fps. Does this mean that there is some kind of frame limiter available?

I believe you can limit frame rates through Trainzoptions commands, but not on individual routes. There must be another explanation.

VSync was set to Application Decides. Turned it off and saw 247fps looking at non textured hills.:D Saw nothing in options on FPS.:wave:

As Euphod suggests, add this line to the trainzoptions file....

-FrameRate=24

I use 24, but you can put whatever number is good for you.

You can also add this line....if you want:

-FramesToAverage=16 (or whatever number you want)

Note: You can add both lines in the trainzoptions file.

Regards,

Last edited:
Yes, The advanced display options gives you FPS limiting. Thanks to all for input. I forgot about the advanced options page and that works as does the options page settings. I need to see if FPS limiting gives me simialr results compared to Flight SimulatorX where stuttering is considerably reduced when FPS is limited. Also wonder how low you can go with options limiting technique before you see flicker.

Thanks,:)

If you can get 60 fps on McCall and are looking for more I want your rig....

Andy :)

It is easy - I cheat. I do not use Compatibility Mode. There are not that many trees in a rail yard so no use wasting cycles. Also, I do not have that many trees yet. I am converting the "region" of McCall Yard to the Northeastern USA by changing textures and adding trees. Also removing the blotchy techniques for gound texturing used by early routes and incorporating the new 2009 textures. I also have changed some of those in an effort to reduce the terrible super-bright condition some of them show on certain Sun angles. I seriously wish that so-called Sun was an option I could turn off to get consistancy. As you lay textures with the "[" key to reduce paterns, some of the same texture class show up super bright which "annoys" me.

By the way, if I use compatibility mode playing a scenario is impossible since I get some pauses over 1 second.. Spending several hundred dollars to run in that mode is not for me.

Back