Forestry time out

Ghost42

Traffic jams cured - back to TRS22! but there is always something.... 'forestry basic' stops loading after abt 12 cars, I have swapped out to 'Forestry' and this one times out at six cars. Can any Lumberjack trainzers give me a hint as to how to get the logs moving? apart from short consists. This is what you get when you move away from coal. :)
All is well in '19.
Edit: The 5 second wait gets it moving so I take it that it is script related.

Last edited:
Most? many? some? all? industries have a "timeout" value. It took me a while to find it in Surveyor 2.0 but it is labeled "Duration" in the Processes Tab. I believe that it controls (if my memory serves me correctly) how long it takes for the industry to "recharge" after being depleted, or something similar. I have never fiddled with this value to see what effect it has. That is a possibility - but as you state, it is probably script related and therefore beyond the understanding of us mere mortals.

On digging around the dls I have found Auran Forestry Updated, I'll give that a try, if not I'll resort to the Polish(?) forestry, no chainsaws therefore less to go wrong.
Maybe hide the Forest Basic in the forest to give the busy industry effect.

The forestry (and forestry basic) has a maximum of 45 logs available (= size of the queue). The initial value is 25 logs. Every 30 seconds (= duration of the process) one new log is produced (= amount at the process), until the queue is completely filled. In TRS22 the size of the queue and the amount produced could be changed in the properties.

Peter

Back