Flatcar pre-loaded from portal with specific loads

Thai1On

Slave to my route
Just as the title says, how can I have a train coming from a portal to be loaded with very specific loads for the flatcars?

Dave

If I remember correctly, there was an InstantLoad command that allowed you to specify the commodity to loaded.

Phil

If I remember correctly, there was an InstantLoad command that allowed you to specify the commodity to loaded.

Phil

You may be thinking of:
"<kuid2:45324:555017:8> Instant Load Command
<kuid2:45324:555110:5> Instant Load Library v 0.5

Instantly load a train with a random product selected from its product que. InstantLoad will not load locos or loco tenders"

If memory serves, I tried this in 12 or T:ANE and was disappointed with the results. I think it threw a red bug of some sort and did not load.

elstoko has <kuid2:368725:60011:2> InstantLoad with a product from a queue specified by the user, which more likely what you're remembering. I have not yet tried it. Thanks for pointing it out.

:B~\

you might try having a drive to trackmark command first, then the load commands. This takes the portal out of the equation.

you might try having a drive to trackmark command first, then the load commands. This takes the portal out of the equation.

I have had success using this setup. The track marker must be far enough out from the portal so your longest consist is clear of the protal.

You can also use this command here:

<kuid2:368725:60011:3> InstantLoad with a product from a queue specified by the user.

As part of the driver commands that activate once a train exits the portal. I use this method to instant load locos and passengers with no issues at all. I recommend putting in a wait command prior to give the AI a chance to gather its sea legs once the consist exits the portal. I did notice that the wait command helps to get the AI settled in first. I use 20 seconds for that, so the AI exits, sits for 20 seconds, loads the commands it has to then drives off.

Back