Festiniog / Lynton and Barnstaple Narrow Gauge

clam1952

Welsh Narrow Gauge nut.
Though I'd add another loco to my Festiniog roster, so here is my attempt at Lyd, the replica Lynton and Barnstaple Manning Wardle 2-6-2 being built at Boston Lodge, will double up as the original it is based on Lew.
Still needs a bit of work though.... Can't get the lettering to appear in the correct colour, probably revenge for me not liking much Southern stuff ......

This last shot is what I've produced loco wise so far, may even release them at some point!!

Left to right, Ex WD Alco, next, not sure if this has a real version as it's based on the plans for a model of a Hunslet, Another two Alco's, Mountaineer yet another Alco as modified by the Festiniog and finally Lyd.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Still working on the route as well in case any one is wondering...

Man, i love those little Baldwins! any chance of a USATC version at some point?!

Said the US narrow gauge fan. I've always thought the little engines sent to the trenches were adorable. No Gimme pig though. Honestly i'm just happy about more steam, and i'm sure i'll find a way to pass these things off pulling coal cars on the Northbay county (i'm too obsessed with 3ft narrow gauge to do much 2ft stuff...:eek:)

They look really good :)

I'm working on a model of the L&B Baldwin loco "Lyn", at the moment, for the Lynton & Barnstaple route currently being made in RailWorks. Once that is out of the way, I will see if I can convert it over to Trainz, as it would look rather good running on the Ffestiniog alongside Lyd :)

Cheers,
Kevin

Man, i love those little Baldwins! any chance of a USATC version at some point?!

Said the US narrow gauge fan. I've always thought the little engines sent to the trenches were adorable. No Gimme pig though. Honestly i'm just happy about more steam, and i'm sure i'll find a way to pass these things off pulling coal cars on the Northbay county (i'm too obsessed with 3ft narrow gauge to do much 2ft stuff...:eek:)

The US loco's on Clams pictures were actually made by Alco.

I have made a model of the Baldwin that used to run on the Welsh Highland Rly, and you can get it from here:-

http://www.whrsoc.org.uk/WHRProject/msts.htm#trainz

Cheers,

Kevin

well done we just need some of the diesels making, blue 87, red 138 and then some more modern carriges for both railways fr and whr cant wait for the route will it work in 2009 if i have speed tree installed?

well done we just need some of the diesels making, blue 87, red 138 and then some more modern carriges for both railways fr and whr cant wait for the route will it work in 2009 if i have speed tree installed?

Not sure if you can get speedtree in 2009, have to see what if anything SP4 for 2009 does if anything to aid compatibility with 2009, currently I can't change it to 2009 other than move the mapfile.gnd I do have it in 2009 though not as up to date and with "normal trees" in compatibility mode, so if it isn't possible I could probably update the 2009 version.

I've also seen picture in the recent Narrow Gauge World magazine. Lyd only has the cowcatcher on the back. None on the front.

Last edited:
I qouted

I qouted the wrong post ha ha I meant Thule P's qoute! haha :hehe:

did you get my second message Clam?

Back