failed train creation on class 390 consist

So I have a class 390 consist formed up as a consist. When I tried spawning on a track that is long enough for the consist to fit. It just saids train creation failed, why is that? and how can i fix it?

Firstly try placing it on a stretch of straight track that has no obstructions (other consists, switches, etc) and is at least 2x the length of the consist you are placing.

How are you actually placing the consist? Do you have it saved as a Consist Asset?

What do you mean by "spawning the consist"? Describe the steps you use.

Last edited:
How are you actually placing the consist? Do you have it saved as a Consist Asset?

What do you mean by "spawning the consist"? Describe the steps you use.

All i did was placing down the class 390s locomotive and rolling stock on to a track, couple them up together and then went into "Train Mode "C"" then going to get consist, clicking on the coupled class 390 i had and forming a consist asset. aka if you look in DLS and installed, go and add category going to consist. It should show you the consist that you had formed

Make sure you can actually place the consist. There can be multiple causes that prevent you from doing so.

1) You are placing the consist where there's not enough room.

This is caused by a short siding, junction set wrong so that the consist can't fit on the tracks, and also because there's another consist in the way.

2) The track is on a different layer than the one where you're trying to place the consist.

3) The track somehow became corrupted.

There's a bug that causes the track to change kind from track to something else. The cause is unknown but appears to be related to the database. When this occurs, you can't place track objects, attach other track to the already placed track, and you can't place any consists.

The fix for this is to open up all your third-party track for editing in Content Manager then submitting it (not reverting) to force the database to update.

You can test for this by creating a test route. We recommend you do this anyway to check textures, experiment with techniques, and to test assets.

Create a simple loop with the track you are using on your route and place your consist.

Does the consist place down fine?

If it doesn't then you, then you have the track issue. If it does, you have something wrong with your route, and that's where you start checking layers, and track length.

Ok so i found something interesting.

so when i dont place the car 3 and 7 (class 390's pantagraph car) and basically the current class 390 in trainz have 9 cars (which is the class 390/0 variant)

when i just simply place the carraiges that dont have the pantagraph car. It can spawn. But when i tried creating a consist asset with purely just the 2 pantagraph car aka car 3 and 7. it then saids train creation failed.

So maybe the pantagraph cars have problems?

Ok so i found something interesting.

so when i dont place the car 3 and 7 (class 390's pantagraph car) and basically the current class 390 in trainz have 9 cars (which is the class 390/0 variant)

when i just simply place the carraiges that dont have the pantagraph car. It can spawn. But when i tried creating a consist asset with purely just the 2 pantagraph car aka car 3 and 7. it then saids train creation failed.

So maybe the pantagraph cars have problems?

Try placing the regular cars first then attach the pantograph car last by leaving enough space between that car and the other coaches then drag the coaches to the pantograph car and couple them on to it. If that doesn't work, then there's something wrong with the pantograph cars.

Back