expansion of Matlin Yard

leeferr

thanks for the memories
I'm working on an expansion and revision of my recently uploaded Matlin Yard. It will mainly a shunting operation with lots of industries. It's going to be fairly detailed. Here are a few shots to show progress so far.

2.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Awesome screens. It would look even better using a track other than the default, such as MP Wood.

I agree. I'll probably go in and replace all of the track. I've never done it through trainzmap, but I believe that it can be done that way.

Looks good! :D :D

Just a thought: maybe there should be some low weeds in the green areas or some other type of vegetation.

thanks for the comment ferrous. I had planned on adding some weeds and low grass, but hadn't gotten to that point yet.

I'm still doing a lot of fine tuning. I've got some AI problems that I haven't figured out yet which I may be coming to the forum with some questions if I can't find an answer. The route has 3 portals to create / turn trains to give some traffic as you're working your shunting operations.
Mike

route uploaded

I have uploaded 2 versions of the route. They are called Central Valley v1 and Central Valley v2. Version 2 is the same as version 1, but with all of the vegetation splines removed to give a better fps. I should be uploading a session this weekend.

both versions are now on the DLS. Sorry, but I haven't had time to finish and upload the session yet.

Tsa'right.

When I get home, I'm going to DL ths and see how many cars I can put in the yard before my laptop crashes! :hehe:

I seem to be missing LLJ's kuid2:30671:23302:2 and kuid2:30671:23313:1. Other than that, it appears to run just fine.

I can't remember off the top of my head where they are, but you can probably go to TARL and find them. If I get a chance, I'll look them up in a little while.

I checked TARL, and nothing came up.

In other news, here's a screenie:
matlinyardwx2.jpg

It's a busy morning as the Outbound Hummingbird waits for an incoming train to clear the switch. Meanwhile, S2 2220 switches an L&N business car off of the end of the recently arrived Inbound Hummingbird as a local led by an F unit is just getting underway on the far track. On the track closest to the camera, an all-coach train waits patiently for the 2220 to switch the business car so that the A-B set of F-units on point can get washed down, turned, and serviced at the nearby engine facilities. Luckily, the Morning Rush is almost over and things will quiet down after about 11:00.

Back