error message

liebherr1280

While trying to export from Tanzdem to Trainz12 I recieved this error message.....................Inconsistent file names and/or missing files for one or more map folders: "C:\Programs files\N3V Games\TS12\User Data\Editing". Has anyone ever recieved this message and if so what is the solution.

Making progress with Tranzdem but still having major issues with one or another thing.

Hi,

Well, the User data/editing bit is where all of your content is stored (as far as im aware). it could be that your missing a file within a folder which is triggering it. I not entirerly sure as i've never had this message, but its a possibality:)

thanks

I get this message when I try to export from Tranzdem to Trainz. If I dont get that message then the program freezes up and I have to restart the whole thing over. IE tranzdem from the begining. I loose all data. Even if I have saved it. Like I have said in previous post I think I am missing something either in Trainz or tranzded.

At a guess you have to create a blank route first and then open it for edit otherwise there won't be anywhere for Transdem to move its files to.

Maybe, if it need 2 or more of the same names (e.g: the config in trainz) it could come up with the error you get, or it could be you need to re-install it, that works sometimes with gmax, could work with this.

by the way, what is Tranzdem?

Well I have solved that issue but now I am getting a mesage in Tranzdem the reads No UTM tiles in mask or filter range. Any suggestions. Do i need to make things bigger. At the momment I am zooming in at about 500M should I go a little bigger. I am still using Google earth. Some of the resolution is not the best for the state of Alaska. I was going to try and use USGS But I am having enough issues with this, I really dont want to throw another variable into the fire.

I get this message when I try to export from Tranzdem to Trainz. If I dont get that message then the program freezes up and I have to restart the whole thing over. IE tranzdem from the begining. I loose all data. Even if I have saved it. Like I have said in previous post I think I am missing something either in Trainz or tranzded.

Hello Liebherr1280

I'm using Transdem. I also had a look at your other thread concerning Transdem.

Some questions :

Did you read both Transdem manuals?

Did you install Transdem and made the configuration ( fine tuning ) as described in the manuals? Did you make the fine tuning for trainz2010 or trainz12?

Have you tried all the tutorials?

Are you a member of the Transdem Forum ?

Best regards :wave:

Kurt

To answer your questions, Belgian46.
yes I did read the manuals. and after reading them I was more confused then when I started. Scrambled egg.
As far as the fine tuning. I am not sure I did it all. I might be missing some things. but at this point I am not sure what I did and didnt do. And the fine tuning of T12 I was unaware of any tuning I had to do with that.
I have tried the tutorials and still did not have any luck with them either.
Like I have said in a previous post It feels like I am missing a major factor some place. I know this is a advanced thing to do. And I am some what of a novice. I can run a crane but for heavens sake this thing is kicking my butt.

To answer your questions, Belgian46.
yes I did read the manuals. and after reading them I was more confused then when I started. Scrambled egg.
As far as the fine tuning. I am not sure I did it all. I might be missing some things. but at this point I am not sure what I did and didnt do. And the fine tuning of T12 I was unaware of any tuning I had to do with that.
I have tried the tutorials and still did not have any luck with them either.
Like I have said in a previous post It feels like I am missing a major factor some place. I know this is a advanced thing to do. And I am some what of a novice. I can run a crane but for heavens sake this thing is kicking my butt.

Hello Liebherr,

Ok - let's go step by step -

My version is trainz2010

a) What is your operating system ( Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7 ) or other?

b) I suppose you are using Trainz12 - where did you install it?

Give me the installation path

In my case, I'm using windows XP sp 3 the installation path = c:\program files\Auran\TS2010

c) Now I advice you to do a print-out of both manuals and take a pencil.

d) Take the TransDem Trainz edition manual - hold your pencil in your hand and read the manual again - for the beginning page 8/86 till 18/86 ( up to Menu:Trainz ).

Make a note if your installation went well ( make a checkmark ) or if something went wrong ( write down the error or warning )

c) After installation of Transdem - you should have following folders

Ziegler-Tools ( major folder ) - the rest are all subfolders
\Dokumentation ( this is a subfolder )
\Transdem-Beispiel ( this is a subfolder )
\Transdem-Ground-Textures ( this is a subfolder )
\UTM03 ( this is a subfolder )

d) After doing this first check - now it's up to you

Give me the subfolders within Dokumentation and Transdem-Beispiel

The subfolders Transdem-Ground-Textures and UTM03 have no other
subfolders.

e) give me the number of files within each folder

for example : in the Ziegler-Tools folder the number = 10 files

After your reply - we will continue

Best regards

Kurt

Belgian46
Here is what I have I am running Windows XP. I did the direct download from Auran website. Trainz12. The instalation path is as follows.c:\programs\N3Vgames\TS12.
The subfolders I have for Dokumentation are as follows. PDFTransDem, PDF transdem_eng,PDF transdem trainz.PDF transdem trainz_eng.
Transdem-Beispiel Muengsten,tranzdem,ground textures,content dispatcher pack.

Hope this helps. ARGH

Belgian46
Here is what I have I am running Windows XP. I did the direct download from Auran website. Trainz12. The instalation path is as follows.c:\programs\N3Vgames\TS12.
The subfolders I have for Dokumentation are as follows. PDFTransDem, PDF transdem_eng,PDF transdem trainz.PDF transdem trainz_eng.
Transdem-Beispiel Muengsten,tranzdem,ground textures,content dispatcher pack.

Hope this helps. ARGH

Hello Liebherr1280,

Ok - a) Here's what you should have after installation of Transdem ( version 2.1.0.1 ) on your computer.

Ziegler-Tools folder
Dokumentation subfolder: here you will find 4 files ( 4 manuals ( pdf version ) in English ( 2) and German (2).
TransDEM-Beispiel subfolder with subfolder muengsten ( here you will find the files necessary to do some tutorials ).
TrandDem-Ground-Textures with one file TransDEM Ground Textures V2.cdp

and to finish you should also have the UTM03 subfolder ( with 5 files included )

Do you have the above items?

b) Do you also have the updates ( update for 2.1.0.1, update 2.1.1, update 2.1.2, update 2.1.3 and update 2.1.3.1 ). Did you install them ?

If you did - then start reading the TransDEM Trainz edition ( from page 8 till 18 ) and execute the fine tuning where necessary. Fine tuning starts already on page 8. ( take your pencil and check off the items when executed.

On page 17 - when you open transdem and hover to the options menu - clicking on the settings tab you will see several other tab-pages.

The most important at this time is the Trainz Global Export Parameters page.

Within this page you should verify if the settings placed in the source folder for template UTM03 object corresponds with the settings in your explorer ( normally it is ).

Verify also the settings for the Trainz Custom content folder.

If all is done - as described above - send me your reply

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

Last edited:
Kurt. Thank you again for your help

I did the tutorial without issue this time. seems I forgot one main thing. My user ID. OPPS. The current version or TransDem is 2.1.3.1 All seems to work well until I try and do a small test run with Google earth. I have done all the pred work that is suppose to be done via tutorial in the PDF. But when it comes time to import to the Content Manager. I keep getting errors like either or not excluding No trf rastermap. No str, No baseboards in mask. I am doing a rather small test at 1000k high and 1100m x 640m.

Chris.

@Kurt:

Thank you for your kind assistance. Much appreciated. :)

@liebherr1280:

As Kurt has already done, I also suggest to ask TransDEM usage questions in the TransDEM forum: http://forum.transdem.de.

Regarding large scale aerial images:

These are added as UTM tiles to a route which has been created by TransDEM in the previous step, where DEM and map ground textures were exported.

For successfully exporting one or more UTM tiles the rectangular mask must encompass at least one 1000 x 1000 m UTM grid square, as indicated by the purple UTM grid in TransDEM. This 1000m rule also applies to 500m UTM tiles. Furthermore, the Trainz baseboards where the UTM tiles shall be placed must already exist in the route, i.e. exported in the first step. The baseboard grid raster is different to the UTM raster (720m vs 1000m). Activate the dark-grey baseboard grid in TransDEM to see this raster, too.

Have a look at the Muengsten tutorial again. The 1:5,000 large scale map which goes onto UTM tiles there plays exactly the same role as an aerial image in your own route.

Kurt. Thank you again for your help

I did the tutorial without issue this time. seems I forgot one main thing. My user ID. OPPS. The current version or TransDem is 2.1.3.1 All seems to work well until I try and do a small test run with Google earth. I have done all the pred work that is suppose to be done via tutorial in the PDF. But when it comes time to import to the Content Manager. I keep getting errors like either or not excluding No trf rastermap. No str, No baseboards in mask. I am doing a rather small test at 1000k high and 1100m x 640m.

Chris.

Hello Chris.

Ok - Now have a relook within the Transdem manual - page 98 ( Tutorial 1 ) and especially page 102 ( Tutorial 2 - Google Earth and Transdem ).

Try both tutorials -

I also advice you to become a member of the Transdem forum - have a look at the tutorial section - download the tutorials from mrgisa and try them out ( the tutorials are great :cool: )

When you try things out - make personal notes ( reminders how to do some action in Transdem ). Very handy when you have to re-use Transdem after having a break when making preparations of your own personal route ;)

Best regards

Kurt

@Kurt:

Thank you for your kind assistance. Much appreciated. :)

@liebherr1280:

As Kurt has already done, I also suggest to ask TransDEM usage questions in the TransDEM forum: http://forum.transdem.de.

Regarding large scale aerial images:

These are added as UTM tiles to a route which has been created by TransDEM in the previous step, where DEM and map ground textures were exported.

For successfully exporting one or more UTM tiles the rectangular mask must encompass at least one 1000 x 1000 m UTM grid square, as indicated by the purple UTM grid in TransDEM. This 1000m rule also applies to 500m UTM tiles. Furthermore, the Trainz baseboards where the UTM tiles shall be placed must already exist in the route, i.e. exported in the first step. The baseboard grid raster is different to the UTM raster (720m vs 1000m). Activate the dark-grey baseboard grid in TransDEM to see this raster, too.

Have a look at the Muengsten tutorial again. The 1:5,000 large scale map which goes onto UTM tiles there plays exactly the same role as an aerial image in your own route.

Hello Roland,

With much pleasure :D . I'm still busy with the preparation of my route. Nearly ready to start building. :cool:

Best regards

First let me say thanks to everyone for there support. However the tutorials are fine. All the websites that Transdem has listed to enter into the server folder are all bad. It seems every time I try and enter one and hit connect all I get is error 404. I would be more then happy to do them for training purposes but sence I cant that is why I came here. And the 3 other forums I have been reserching. I am getting a little frustrated with all of this and that is not helping me a bit. Glad I leave to go back to work for 4 weeks.

First let me say thanks to everyone for there support. However the tutorials are fine. All the websites that Transdem has listed to enter into the server folder are all bad. It seems every time I try and enter one and hit connect all I get is error 404. I would be more then happy to do them for training purposes but sence I cant that is why I came here. And the 3 other forums I have been reserching. I am getting a little frustrated with all of this and that is not helping me a bit. Glad I leave to go back to work for 4 weeks.

Hello Chris,

You have to realise that url's are not static elements. Some url's change, even disappear without the knowledge of the maker of a program or a writer of a book/manual.

So it can take some time before an update of the program or book/manual becomes available.

Sometimes it's necessary to do some research yourself, if you don't get the right result when entering a url placed in a tutorial

But be reassured, it also took me a while before I was able to use Transdem. It's trying and retrying and retrying until using it, becomes like eating a peace of cake ;) .

One more thing : did you update the Transdem sample settings ( 14/08/2011 ) ( downloadable for the Transdem website - section download ).

Best regards

Ps : keep on trying and also keep on using the Transdem forum

Back