error message in sd40 asset after committing

PawloA

Hi Guys. I just tried to open two of my assets for edit to look at whats in them and when I commit them I get the "Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh. and I also get the message Unable to load mesh file: <filename>.pm. I got these errors only after I opened for edit. The CM3 converted the files automatically and when I commited them they were faulty. All i wanted to do is to reskin a free DLS SD40 engine that I downloaded Kuid:58377:232 which is undecorated for the purposes of reskinning. I did not get that far. I then attempted to delete the asset and redownload it but that did not work. So the question is what do I do to fix this problem. I have Trainz2010 most recent version. I have all the PEV conversion software and I have two assets ruined that I'd like to restore. They are the SD40 as I mentioned before and a cn b& W coach car from majicland (kuid:58843-245) Both worked on Trainz 2010 when I originally downloaded them but now they both don't work. Any help to rectify this woule be apreachiated.

Re-open the assets and choose the revert to original option from the right click menu.

Built-in assets quite often produce errors if you try to re-commit them into the game. They are contain no images, only textures.

If you want to reskin an asset then clone it first then open the new asset for edit, then convert all textures to TGA images. I have a tool to do this called Images2TGA.. get it here

You can then edit the TGA images to do your re-skin..

If I convert .texture files to .tga and edit them with PSP lets say; won't I have to reconvert them back to .texture files in order for the asset to work? The original asset would read texture files not tga. The tga files are only created in order to work on them with photoshop or another program since no programs exist that can edit texture files. If I edit the tga files and leave them as such does CM3 automatically convert them back to texture files?

If I edit the tga files and leave them as such does CM3 automatically convert them back to texture files?

Yes, that is done when the asset is committed. You can also use another of PEV's tools to convert the mesh.

William

Hi Guys. I just tried to open two of my assets for edit to look at whats in them and when I commit them I get the "Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh. and I also get the message Unable to load mesh file: <filename>.pm. I got these errors only after I opened for edit. The CM3 converted the files automatically and when I commited them they were faulty. All i wanted to do is to reskin a free DLS SD40 engine that I downloaded Kuid:58377:232 which is undecorated for the purposes of reskinning. I did not get that far. I then attempted to delete the asset and redownload it but that did not work. So the question is what do I do to fix this problem. I have Trainz2010 most recent version. I have all the PEV conversion software and I have two assets ruined that I'd like to restore. They are the SD40 as I mentioned before and a cn b& W coach car from majicland (kuid:58843-245) Both worked on Trainz 2010 when I originally downloaded them but now they both don't work. Any help to rectify this woule be apreachiated.
The LOD message is a warning (yellow triangle with !), not an error and can be ignored, since there is nothing you can do about it.
The only error message is:
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'SD40undec_shadow\SD40undec_shadow.pm'
This kuid is very old (UTC) and TS2010 thinks it should have a shadow mesh. Since it doesn't you can clear this error by editing the config.txt file to add a mesh-table container referencing the .pm mesh:
mesh-table {
default {
mesh sd40undec_body/sd40undec_body.pm
auto-create 1
}
}

No reference to a shadow is required since the simple mesh-table will fix the shadow error. However, if you want the loco to have a shadow you'll have to create one using PEV's Shadowmaker. If you do, then add a shadow container to the mesh-table.

I added just the mesh-table for the loco .pm mesh and on commit I got a dependency error indication (orange puzzle piece with !) because of no shadow meshes in these 2 dependencies:
sd383940couprear,<kuid:58377:50015>
sd383940coupfront,<kuid:58377:50014>
You can fix the shadow error in these two the same way in the loco body.

Bob

Last edited:
G'day PawloA,

...rweber95 wrote...

..."...If you want the loco to have a shadow you'll have to create one using PEV's Shadowmaker. If you do, then add a shadow container to the mesh-table...."...

...to which I would like to add that if DON'T want a shadow, then you only needs must add an otherwise empty shadow container to the mesh-table...

"shadow {}"

...or...

"shadow {
}"

...or...

"shadow
{
}"

...depending upon your preference, in order to solve the problem...

Jerker {:)}

Back