Empire Builder question

Are you wanting the current Amtrak Empire Builder, or the classic Great Northern Empire Builder? I believe this site used to have all of the layouts in their reference sheets, but now the links go to not found pages. Sad to see. Does anyone Know more about this site? https://www.gnrhs.org/empire_builder.php
EDIT: I left a message on the site asking about the reference sheets, but I don't expect an answer until after the holiday tomorrow.

Last edited:

I have pre-built consists for many of these on the DLS - search for "GN Empire Builder".

As far as Amtrak's empire builder goes, the standard consist is as follows (using superliners, obviously):
2-3 P42DC or ALC-42 locomotives
Baggage
Transition Sleeper
2x Sleeper
Diner
2x Coach
Lounge
2x Coach
Sleeper

This is the usual consist for the segment of the route between St. Paul and Spokane, which would cover Marias Pass.

I have pre-built consists for many of these on the DLS - search for "GN Empire Builder".

As far as Amtrak's empire builder goes, the standard consist is as follows (using superliners, obviously):
2-3 P42DC or ALC-42 locomotives
Baggage
Transition Sleeper
2x Sleeper
Diner
2x Coach
Lounge
2x Coach
Sleeper

This is the usual consist for the segment of the route between St. Paul and Spokane, which would cover Marias Pass.

On of those last pairs of coaches should be a coach-baggage. You can also add an additional car here and there as you desire.

peter

Back