Effects Layer Question

pfx

I've started to use HD terrain and encountered effects layers for the first time (mad I know, why haven't I been using TurfFX before now?) and have a couple of queries on the user interface. I've had a look for answers and the help pages I've come across haven't resolved my issue.

I'm finding that when bringing water up to a beach or riverbank, it seems to be missing squares here and there, as you'd find if you didn't 'paint' water in a square on the old method. Is this down to a setting I'm not using correctly? The settings I'm unsure about are the ones about height binding and colour binding. This means nothing to me I'm afraid. I've managed to find out that the default value sets the overall water layer.

It's the same with TurfFX. Most of the data fields don't mean anything to me. All I'm looking for is a screen grab which explains what the fields do and I should be good from there. If there is a thread about this and I've missed it, I'd be grateful for a link to it.

Cheers,
Innis

Thanks for that. I notice that there are far less fields in S2.0. Hopefully that should make it easier.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why I get the effect below, where it looks like I haven't 'painted' water in certain squares, even though it's the effects layer? This is in HD mode.

Thanks,
Innis

53169339360_1525959460_c.jpg

Can anyone enlighten me as to why I get the effect below, where it looks like I haven't 'painted' water in certain squares, even though it's the effects layer? This is in HD mode.

Thanks,
Innis

53169339360_1525959460_c.jpg
I solved this problem by extending the brush(circle) further inland. In most cases this let the water cover the spikes you are seeing. If this doesn't work, try lowering the land a small amount using a small brush size and a low sensitivity of about 5%. This should take care of your problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Paul_Bert, your second option was the one that did the trick. Bit of a pain in the butt when I'm working on a coastline. Is this an known issue?

Further to my previous query about the water, is this a common issue and if so, is it likely to be fixed? I don't see anyone else mentioning it or if there's a quicker workaround than that provided by Paul_Bert.

I've also encountered a further water issue as shown below. I've tried raising, lowering, grading the water but I have these transparent patches that won't resolve. While I find S2.0 really good in many respects, I'm not liking the buggy water layer even though I understand how much versatility if offers.

53193162351_eab6608fc8_c.jpg

Back