East Kentucky

Great work Andy, where ya been? havnt seen you on MSN for ages, must be this damn daylight savings time:(

ek3_02.jpg

The Davidson Spur departs the EK main at the small community of Lothair, just east of Hazard. The current prototype track arrangement is a simple spur into a single large mine complex which empty trains access by being pushed backwards from Hazard Yard, a trip of about two miles which requires a caboose on the 'front' on account of a couple of road crossings. The Tiger data however shows a more complex arrangement with a second mine complex a mile or so farther downstream accessed by a wye located below a long road bridge. Satellite images clearly show that a mine is (or was) in the area, so I have let my imagination run riot and come up with this complex but visually pleasing arrangement. There were originally three Tipples on the western end of Davidson Spur, Bluegrass #3 and #4 and Starfire, so I have tentatively named the tipple on the eastern end of Davidson Spur Starfire #2. Does anybody know the facts? In keeping with the 'early' time period, a pair of L&N RS3s arrive from Hazard while a pair of S2s wait to get to work on the empties.

Andy :)

Last edited:
I can't believe it's two and a half years since I worked seriously on this project!

I am dividing my time between Clovis3 and EK3, endless desert texturing is getting me down and this is about as far from desert as I can get!! EK3 will be EKTree - I was never happy with the bare hillsides in EK1 and 2, but the computer I started the project on was below minimum spec for TRS04 so I had to go way lo-poly.

EKTree will include a total re-working of the previous versions of the route including replacing a lot of assets with more recent offerings, improving the trackwork and retexturing most of it.

The first area tackled is Blair Fork (on EK2) - it looks better with trees, even if I did have the good weather fog cranked up a bit high....

ek3_103.jpg

ek3_104.jpg

ek3_105.jpg

ek3_108.jpg

Proposed release date: you gotta be joking!

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Amazing Andy, simply amazing.

Will you be adding to the route or will this just rework what you have already done?

WCL is right, it's amazing. I give you three cheers on a great job. I hope to see more screenies soon. Bravo, encore, and hazzah. The route is terrific.

Amazing Andy, simply amazing.

Will you be adding to the route or will this just rework what you have already done?

Total revision of everything done previously, plus extension westwards to include the major yard at Hazard and still more coal on the Lotts Creek Branch - it's gonna take a while :)

Is this route available for download?:D

EK2 (East Kentucky V2) is available for download, click my sig and follow the links. It looks nothing like those screenies tho - no trees. If you flick back a few pages in this thread you will get the idea...

Andy :)

Wow I'm looking forwards to this one when it's completed Dermmy,And please keep those amazing screenies coming just a couple more and i will have a different screensaver for every day :hehe: .
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Another Magic pic Dermmy,Thanks mate and Merry Christmas to you and the family oh and to East Kentucky 3 as well mate :hehe: .Looking forward to running it.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Back