Driver Commands Disappearing - Appearing

ecco

I have 31 active Driver Commands. Editing the same Route/Session. Sometimes only 12 Commands show.

Exiting Trainz and restarting brings back all 31.

Any ideas or should I report as a bug?

Thanks.

Interesting problem. Which particular build (and release) of TRS19 are you using. I have both TRS19 Platinum and TRS 19 SP1 Standard and have not (yet) experienced this in either.

Driver commands are saved as part of the Session data. Is it just the one session that is showing this problem? If it can be reproduced in other sessions and especially in sessions from other routes then it could provide the N3V QA team something to work with.

Over the years I have experienced many such "issues" that cannot be reliably reproduced (or reproduced at all), which makes them extremely difficult to track down and frustrating while waiting. Often they simply disappear seemingly by themselves or after an update.

Interesting problem. Which particular build (and release) of TRS19 are you using. I have both TRS19 Platinum and TRS 19 SP1 Standard and have not (yet) experienced this in either.

Driver commands are saved as part of the Session data. Is it just the one session that is showing this problem? If it can be reproduced in other sessions and especially in sessions from other routes then it could provide the N3V QA team something to work with.

Over the years I have experienced many such "issues" that cannot be reliably reproduced (or reproduced at all), which makes them extremely difficult to track down and frustrating while waiting. Often they simply disappear seemingly by themselves or after an update.

I'm running a modified version of Clinchfield. T19 v 105096. This did not happen with any previous builds.

I just tried it. Trying to Edit Session-Edit Driver and insert a new command, only twelve (the defaults?) show up. I exited the Driver and Session screen. I immediately went back in exactly the same way - all 31 show up. Weird. I'll try a different Route/Session and see what happens.

I've only very occasionally gone into other Routes/Sessions. What I do now is Edit the Driver Command icon just to open it and close it. Then all the commands show up in Driver Setup. I'd do a bug report if I thought anything would get fixed.

I'd do a bug report if I thought anything would get fixed.

Do one anyway. Whether it gets fixed or not is out of your control. I have put in plenty of bug reports over the years that seem to languish in the N3V "too hard" or "lost causes" vault. Every now and then one escapes the vault and is fixed in a later Trainz version. It is worth the effort.

I've had a good number of reports go through the full process and some weird ones get put into the wow that's something that's going to take some time but since you've got a workaround, continue with that until we can fix it. Then a version or two later the fix appears.

It's also a fairly good working process. The QA Team will contact you by private email and you will work back and forth with the contact.

Back