Driver AI speed maxes out at 66% of Speed Limits

davemare

Currently using TRS 19 SP3 and am baffled about why all of my engines 4-4-0. 4-6-0 and 2-8-0 max out their speed at 66% of the set speed limits. I have a max speed setting on all engines at 5mph higher than largest speed limit, I have updated engine spec files so max motor speed is higher than speed limits, different engines have different load weight tonnages, and have tried everything I learned in TANE to get engines to move along at speed signage.

This happens if there is no other trains between the engine and the end of track (red signal), or if there is another train.

this occurs in all speed zones, 10mph, 20mph and 30mph, always at 66%.

I dont use signaling as I model 1901 and this wasnt an issue in TANE. I recall that Yellow signals reduced train speed, however since I have no signals other than end of track red, I am baffled.

Is there a control setting somewhere in TRS I am missing? or has something changed re what assets behave as a signal?

thanks

Dave

hi Dave,
in surveyor check the track condition of the track you drive on, think its default at 65%, try 100
and do you use speedboards? kind mospeedboard, many on DLS

Hi G.M.

thanks for quick replay.

track condition is set at 50%. Is there a command I can add to the config file to change track condition. Note my track condition has been 50% or 40% on mining railroad for years in TANE, does TRS work differently?

Re Speed Board, I use Sign Speed 30 etc through out the route, Speed Board is new to me, is it different than a Speed Sign in TRS?

Thanks

Dave

Speedsign or board, its in the config, kind mospeedboard I think
If you lay/edit track, click the advance tab, there are settings for track condition and also the ?
don't think there is a config tag in kind track, to preset the condition.

HI again

Went back to the engine spec as i had played around with burn rates , flow rates and accel rates. The commonality between engines was they all use the same engine spec. I did a revert to original, and voila, full speed was attained on my test route. looks like I may have messed up the accel and decel rates.

I also figured out how to change the track condition for the full route by doing a bulk asset replace. i will probably set to 40% as I model 1901 mining railroads.

The track condition was bugging me, as I know I had played with this many versions ago.

so, it is possible to change the default condition of the track

In the track config file, add the following script

Track-condition "0.40" will set a 40% as default for all track of this type. Updates any current routes that use this track. Any decimal number can be used.

That solution would work provided you do not upload your route to the DLS. Your edited config.txt file would not be copied to others who have installed that same track asset in their layouts.

Hi

There was, and possibly still is, a bug that causes this type of behaviour when two or more engines in a train have different max speeds in their e-specs. I reported it to N3V as a bug a year or two ago and received a message back saying that they had been able to replicate it and that it would be sorted out in a future update. As I don't spend much time with Trainz these days I don't know if it has been repaired yet or not.

A quick fix was to edit one of the locos so that both locos or units use the same e-spec but as mentioned above this is a local fix only.

Regards

Brian

Back