Downloading Dependencies: AUTO???

JAMEZ001

Rebuilding 'Outback Oz'
When downloading, using the "CART >>> Download Helper", do Dependent Files automatically download?

I'm asking because some vehicles I download have dependencies as a seperate download, but the Download Helper looks for Required Dependencies when initializing the downloads, but in the game (i check Railshed first) they don't work properly, or at all in some cases.

What am I doing wrong?

When downloading, using the "CART >>> Download Helper", do Dependent Files automatically download?

I'm asking because some vehicles I download have dependencies as a seperate download, but the Download Helper looks for Required Dependencies when initializing the downloads, but in the game (i check Railshed first) they don't work properly, or at all in some cases.

What am I doing wrong?
Hopefully I answer this properly (as I do not use the Download Cart .... I use Trainz Agent), providing the Creator of any content has a kuid-table in the Config file (listing required dependencies) for the content then YES the downlaod cart will download the required dependencies.

How do we know if the creator has done this properly, well we do not. We just hope they have and for many creators they do this, a few do not. If you are using TRS2004 then this can be checked in TrainzObjects.

As a side issue, if you download a Layout, then all the required Dependencies/parts will be downloaded for you.... I hope :p (watch the 100MB limit if you do not have a First Class Ticket)

Hope this helps,

Craig
:):):)

P.S. Trainz Agent is no better at this as it still depends on the creator entering everything in the kuid-table

Last edited:
Back