Down to the Basics pt1: Sense of Operation

Am currently working on a route based on the Rockhampton area in Central Queensland, Australia. The mainline runs about 40km north and south from Rockhampton, a large rail centre, also a line runs west serving mainly cattle and coal industries. A small branch runs east to a meat works. At the time this is set the 1960's local passengers were served by railmotors and some steam hauled trains. Also through passenger trains on the mainline, one per day and the "Rocky Mail" from the south terminating at Rockhampton. Plus the "Midnight Horror" a very slow mixed passenger goods train running north. Locos are are mix of diesels and the last steam. Quite a few Garratts were stationed at Rocky these hauled mostly coal and sometime passenger trains. These were articulated locos of 4-8-2-2-8-4 wheel arrangement, probably not familiar to Americans. There are a few other industries power station etc.
I don't know when this will be released, as I have started making some of my own trees and buildings to use.
I don't think that any particular type of route is better than another, maybe routes based on real areas have an advantage as the railway wouldn't exist without the industries to serve active or inactive. Personally it's often easier and quicker to load goods train in portals than at active industries.
Will

Last edited:
Details in private message

So the train from the tidewater north route should appear via the portal in tidewater south when I switch between the two routes after the train enters the portal at the far end of TW North right?
Mike; You do have to set parameters in the iportal properties on both routes.
See my private message for details
Irving

Back