Don't Expect Freeware Creators to Fix Your Errors

I had fixed the errors myself too. If something is going to be released with a lower build number, it SHOULD be tested to work with the build number. There are a large majority of Trainz users who have no interest in TANE and never will. Including me. Taking time to fix daily errors on new content just updated to the DLS takes time away from actually enjoying the game, whether it be route building or running sessions. If he only wants to make content for TANE from now on, so be it. But he is going to be making it for a very limited audience. For the record I appreciate MSGSapper's work over the years. And I do own TS12 though it shows on here that I do not.

PARAILFAN: Creators like DAVESNOW & MSGSAPPER have been doing us (those who do not own TANE and really don't care to) a favor by releasing their content at trainz-build 3.5 or 3.7, rather than at 4.3. I see your point for using a trainz-build that is for the version you are testing with. However using the lowest allowed build number makes the content available to a wider audience. But, since MSGSAPPER is now moving his new content to Build 4.3 then you can only get it if/when you buy and install TANE, even if you have no plans to use it in TANE. I'd rather have access to the content and fix it myself if needed than have no access at all. That said, TANE only costs about $36 (USD) so you can buy it and install it and use its CMP to download Build 4.3 content (or manually DL new/fixed TANE level content via the "white pages" one asset at a time if you have a registered version of TANE). Then you can export it from TANE to CDP or install the TANE level CDP you DL from the "white pages" into TS2010 or TS12 and still be fixing errors. Right now, the only reason much of the content is going to the DLS at builds as low as 3.5 is that N3V will only accept 3.5 or above. Soon I expect them to accept it only at 3.7 plus or possibly only 4.3 or above. So much for your "free" error free content. Freeware content creators who use the DLS make nothing monetarily off their efforts but N3V does because they use it "duty free" in their payware products. That was really my point of starting this post anyhow. Don't bite the hand that feeds you free stuff or you may end up paying for it.

Last edited:
Back