Disaster - seems I have deleted my entire only trs22 route and session

rhban

Thanks to Grazlash, I finally got rid of the faulty Frecciarossa file, but my own route kept showing me missing dependencies
<kuid:615391:100673>
<kuid:615391:100676>
I couldn't find out what they were or where they were, so I deleted them but instead, it seems I have deleted
my entire only trs22 route and session!

I must have a long stop and think before I embark once again in creative mood on Trainz!
Perhaps I'll just have to go back to trs19 for a while!!!

To delete the missing deps is same achievement as move to square G12 in a game of chess suffering out of play... BTW ID 615391 is your own ID.

Did you save any CDPs?
Hovering over one of the red lines on a "missing item" usually gives the name to the item.

Build: 122399
I have a route with the red boxes. If I place the TIP of the selector directly over a red line it gives the name of missing asset. I usually place the pointer tip over a junction of the lines to give me a greater chance of connecting to the missing asset. . There may be some specific setup steps I have taken to get to this stage, but I do not recall any.

Hello! This is no problem at all, your route can be recovered. Please let me know if you have discord so we can talk.

Fineas

Thanks to Grazlash, I finally got rid of the faulty Frecciarossa file, but my own route kept showing me missing dependencies
<kuid:615391:100673>
<kuid:615391:100676>
I couldn't find out what they were or where they were, so I deleted them but instead, it seems I have deleted
my entire only trs22 route and session!

I must have a long stop and think before I embark once again in creative mood on Trainz!
Perhaps I'll just have to go back to trs19 for a while!!!

Hello! This is no problem at all, your route can be recovered. Please let me know if you have discord so we can talk.

Fineas

Not sure what you mean by discord. Have you been listening to my accordion playing? Still, if you can help me recover the route, I would be very happy.

Discord is an app that is very useful for the trainz community as you can steam your screen to other, so they help you with your issue, trainz has a server there for these issues. i can help you to recover your route from backups if you haven't tried that. It would be great if you can install the application so we can voice chat then text here.

Not sure what you mean by discord. Have you been listening to my accordion playing? Still, if you can help me recover the route, I would be very happy.

Discord is an app that is very useful for the trainz community as you can steam your screen to other, so they help you with your issue, trainz has a server there for these issues. i can help you to recover your route from backups if you haven't tried that. It would be great if you can install the application so we can voice chat then text here.

Not that I distrust you personally, but I have been scammed so many times through the use of screen sharing apps, that I am now thoroughly scared of them.

Discord is great and it in itself is not a scam. I use it a lot to connect with friends in Trainz and do a lot of screen sharing. You have control over what they see. In this case you will be doing the watching and see how to get your stuff back. It is much better than trying to read a lot off directions.

This is not meant as a criticism and is not hopeful for your situation right now but I am always surprised at the amount of people that do not back up their work as they go. Everything I work on gets a backup. Please can people learn from this.

OK, I have located a file containing my lost route under "backups" followed by a July date. I moved this to the same backup box that contains a new route that I have named but so far added nothing to, but it does not appear in the list of available routes, My Content, in the game. Where should I have put it? Or do I need to locate some other file as well?

OK, I have located a file containing my lost route under "backups" followed by a July date. I moved this to the same backup box that contains a new route that I have named but so far added nothing to, but it does not appear in the list of available routes, My Content, in the game. Where should I have put it? Or do I need to locate some other file as well?

Any ideas on how I can rescue my "deleted" route?

I think you may have to re-import it from .tzarc. Sorry to not be more helpful, I don't know how, but have seen threads how to do this.

You need to move the backup file to the editing folder and preform a date base repair.

It's called "editing" - it's a folder in your user data folder -

Your user data folder is found by going to launch panel then "Trainz Settings" then "install." At top you will find "Local Data Folder" - In Windows, go to that folder and find a folder named "editing." Put it in there and do the dbr.

I've never had to to that because I keep backups but i believe that is what you are being instructed to do.... :)

Last edited:
It's called "editing" - it's a folder in your user data folder -

Your user data folder is found by going to launch panel then "Trainz Settings" then "install." At top you will find "Local Data Folder" - In Windows, go to that folder and find a folder named "editing." Put it in there and do the dbr.

I've never had to to that because I keep backups but i believe that is what you are being instructed to do.... :)

Thanks for that. I moved a copy of the folder (without the name "copy") to editing, but it still didn't appear in My Content. Perhaps it needs more than this backup.

In the "backup folder" you will find a file like this "kuid xxxxxx xxxxxx .tzarc_xxxxxxxxxxxx" using your kuid number of your route or session. After the tzarc is a random number. This file needs to be copied to the editing folder. Then remove the "_xxxxxxxxxxxx" random number. You will get a message when you delete this "_number", that says "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change?" Click yes. You will now launch the game and then do a data base repair. You then check for files open for editing and summit any that are open. It would be a lot easier to show all this on the Trainz Discord channel.

In the "backup folder" you will find a file like this "kuid xxxxxx xxxxxx .tzarc_xxxxxxxxxxxx" using your kuid number of your route or session. After the tzarc is a random number. This file needs to be copied to the editing folder. Then remove the "_xxxxxxxxxxxx" random number. You will get a message when you delete this "_number", that says "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change?" Click yes. You will now launch the game and then do a data base repair. You then check for files open for editing and summit any that are open. It would be a lot easier to show all this on the Trainz Discord channel.

Interesting. I will certainly try that. I notice that within the "editing" folder there is another editing folder that currently doesn't contain anything.

Back